Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd/dvd Tools, Apps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trumpetman51

trumpetman51

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

Hello fellow Bleeping Computer Forum users,

Several years (and several PCs) ago, I purchased the commercial application Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator...Version 6. I am not sure but I think they have a version 10 now. Well, I just searched on Google and yes, the newest version is 10 and it is now called "ROXIO Easy Media Creator 10 Suite".

I always liked MOST of my Roxio application. One of my FAVORITE parts of the app was the "Copy CD to CD" feature. I could place just about ANY type of CD (mostly Audio) in my CD-Rom drive and place a blank CD-R or RW disc in my CD-R/RW drive and the program would "effortlessly" COPY the CD for me. It require almost NO complicated knowledge of the process on my part and in practically NO TIME...VOILA! I had myself a perfect copy of the ORIGINAL CD.

I am looking for a freeware or non-commercial application that is able to do JUST THAT for me without me having to spend almost $100 for the newest version or Roxio's software or one of it's competitors.

I have found many different applications out there in the freeware jungle but I can't seem to find one that performs that CD to CD COPY task for me. At least, NOT as "effortlessly" as my old version of Roxio di it.

I am finding all kind of apps that seem to be full of terminology, and sepcifications and settings that I just DO NOT understand nor do I want to "take a course" in COMPUTER SCIENCE in order to be able to decipher all of the above mentioned jargon.

So, in short, can anyone recommend a freeware application that can do what my old version of Roxio was able to do and releatively as easily for me as the Roxio app was???

I am sure that there MUST BE a freeware app out there somewhere that has these capabilities for as many as there are....it seems to me that ther simply MUST BE ONE!!!

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful!!!

Hoping and waiting for some software GURU out there in Bleeping Computer Forum Land that has the solution to my need.

Yours truly, your friend,

trumpetman51 :thumbsup:
(John)

Edited by trumpetman51, 22 March 2008 - 12:24 AM.

"The right direction's all that counts and there's no way for me to get there late!!"

trumpetman51 (John)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:34 AM

Have you checked out the Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps topic, under the CD & DVD Applications heading, in post Post #3.
You might find something, there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

Here's a good one! It supports copying CD/DVD/Blue-ray

From Ashampoo:
Now for FREE! Multi-disc file backup and restore on CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs, Create compressed backup archives with powerful password protection, Split archives automatically across multiple CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs, Restore archive contents to their original locations, Integrated Audio CD ripper store your audio tracks as WMA or WAV files, New option for setting the number of copies you want to burn (available for all disc formats), Discs can now be verified immediately without being ejected first (if the drive supports this feature), Numerous other small improvements that make the program easier to use and more effective, Burn files and folders on data CDs/DVDs/Blu-ray discs, Burn Audio CDs from WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA and Ogg Vorbis files, Burn MP3-CDs from your MP3 files, Burn Video DVD, Video CD (VCD) or Super Video CD (S-VCD), Create and burn CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc images, Burn speed and other options can all be set automatically. Version 6.6 adds many new languages.

http://www.download.com/Ashampoo-Burning-S....html?tag=lst-2

They've offered free versions before but you always still had to go online to register it. This one is totally free. No strings attached. If you do install it, just make sure you untick anything about receiving newsletters and email offers during the install. I've heard they can be kinda hard to opt-out of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users