Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.vb.ahq - Desktop Crashing And Junk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Extatosoma

Extatosoma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:51 PM

Hi people. I have XP pro. And Ive never had a notable issue with malware before. But long story short, I did something stupid while rushed, and have been dealing with trojans for over a week straight. I do a lot of computer work and am rather urked.

It started with just AVG-Free giving me notices. These...
Posted Image

Id scan several times a day with AVG and Ad-aware.
Then I got Spybot. And suddenly things went from minor annoyance to desktop crashes, constant interruptions (work windows kept going neutral or switching between themselves).... and a host of small quirks that seemed to shift daily (also, trojans with new gibberish names). ie, One day, opening Internet Explorer would cause a bunch of crap to happen, popups and lags and hiccuping. The next day, closing a folder would cause my desktop to crash irrecoverably. Overall slugishness and lag. Firefox not loading pages, Unable to click things. ...and... oi.... I just want to get on with my work.

AVG and Adaware no longer pick up anything. Spybot does. From looking online, I can see the traces of this Win32.VB.ahq is what ive been seeing all along. I had a svchoost.exe before, but it appears to be gone. I dropped an iexplorer.dll---*lotsofspace*---dbt file in the trash earlier. ...Everything seems to be roosting in the IE folder.

I have screen shots of some funny errors. Like this..
Posted Image
(I understand this is a security/entry weakness from the trojans?)

Teatimer - What is this dll? O_o
Posted Image

I had scanned in safe mode with Spybot with the internets unplugged the other day. But... after my experience with Spybot (it making my system work worse) Im a bit paranoid to go about any more safe-mode scans without some outside suggestions. Im no expert at this stuff. Were it not for this forum, Id go about downloading a bunch of software and cleaning in safe mode.

Ill stop rambling. Thank you for reading. You look like a friendlier forum than others ive seen.
I can post a Hijack scan later. Thanks.

Edited by Extatosoma, 21 March 2008 - 02:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

Hi, I am Master5270, I will be trying to assist you in your problem.

First, Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware

* Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
* When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
* There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
* When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab.
* Click the dated log and press View log. A text file will appear so you can see the results.
* Select close to exit the program.
* Scan in SAFE MODE

If the problem still exists,
First, use the Preparation Guide before posting a HJT log, follow all the instructions.
Second, Post a HJT log in this Forum, the HJT team is busy, so it will take up to 5 days for a response.
If you haven't had reply in 5 days, post your topic URL in this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users