Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram Problem? Or Other Hardware?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Toffee

Toffee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

I have bought a new RAM, when i place this ram to the cartridge/slot and turned my computer on nothing would came up on the monitor.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? I am now currently using my laptop. My friend told me i bought an old ram so he said take it out but,
it did not blow up any of my hardware or burn when i took the new ram i bought and replace it with my old one which i have been using for the past 2 years
everytime i turn on my computer nothing would came out on the monitor.

edit:
I have bought an SDRAM Corsair PC800 6400

I am currently running vista and my motherboard requires PC800 6400.
I didnt know the differences between the SDs and Rams.

Please Help!!

Edited by Toffee, 21 March 2008 - 03:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

Did you get the right module for the system you have?

You need to post some info about both the RAM module you bought...and your system...before anyone can even try to answer this intelligently.

Manufacturer and model of system?

Manufacturer/model for the RAM module?

Louis

#3 Toffee

Toffee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

I've got the wrong ram but i have put it in anyway which i did not know about the differences and they are both PC800 6400 and it fits in my
motherboard. After this, Everytime i reset my computer or shut down and turning it back on again i have to swap ram slots before anything shows up in my monitor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users