Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ccleaner Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 n_nikers

n_nikers

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:42 PM

what should i do with all the "issues" found by CCleaner?

is it better to remove them all?

does it automatically create back-up of registry before it cleans the system?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:17 AM

Well CCleaner is a very good tool to use but the registry cleaner isn't recommended here at BC. Messing with the registry can cause serious system problems, so best to just leave it alone. Using CCleaner for removing temp files left over from Mozilla and IE is safe :thumbsup: .

Regards,
David.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:28 AM

If you do persist in using a tool to clean the registry back it up first. If you need instructions you can read this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

Understanding the Issues button
http://www.removingspywareforfree.com/arti...Button_Ccleaner
Also
http://www.ccleaner.com/help/tour/5-issues
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:12 PM

Yes, if you click fix selected issues, it says do you want to save backup changes to the registry? Then click yes. It's safe to use it: I use it on Xp and I didn't have any problems with my computer. To get a safer registry cleaner: try wise registry cleaner. It selects the things only safe to fix and cleans them with backup.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

For those who insist on using registry cleaners
http://www.windowsbbs.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

Registry Cleaners can be useful but they can also mess up your computers. If you want to use registry cleaners be careful on what you use. Ccleaner's registry cleaner is okay and doesn't mess up your computer at least for XP. Not using it is the best choice, but getting rid of the unimportant, useless registries can speed up your computer and fix problems. So if your not sure just don't use them. :thumbsup:

#8 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:09 PM

Registry Cleaners can be useful but they can also mess up your computers. If you want to use registry cleaners be careful on what you use. Ccleaner's registry cleaner is okay and doesn't mess up your computer at least for XP. Not using it is the best choice, but getting rid of the unimportant, useless registries can speed up your computer and fix problems. So if your not sure just don't use them

I'll just back that up for you :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users