- GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor
- G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
- Rosewill R6AR6-BK 0.8mm SECC 120mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S203B
- ASUS Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E616A3T
- SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Model MPF920 Black
- Atech Flash Xm-4U 11-in-1 USB 2.0 Black & Silver Internal card reader
- 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
- XFX PVT84JUDD3 GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card
- ARCTIC COOLING ACF64LP 60mm CPU Cooler for low profile PC
- 2 Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120mm Case Fan
now a couple of questions...
1) i was thinking of getting a 500W psu but which one am i suppose to get: atx or atx12v?
2) for the OS, should i stick with reliable windows XP or experiment with windows vista?
3) is overclocking really necessary if i'm just trying to do regular internet browsing, movie watching, music listening, word processing, a good amount of downloads and 3 or 4 games playing?
4) and lastly, listing everything i am interested in getting, does everything look compatible with each other? should i exchange some parts or add some parts? any accessories needed?
so any feedback would be appreciated and help me get my FIRST build up and running. thanks.
Edited by deezdmngooks, 20 March 2008 - 09:09 PM.