Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb & Ps/2 Mouse & Keyboard Not Responding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DJSilk

DJSilk

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

When I turn my computer on the three lights on the keyboard flashes twice and the laser point mosue is on. Then it loads the drivers and it taks about a minute and half for windows to start running. When It gets to the password windows screen the mouse and keyboard does not respond. How to fix this registry problem? I cannot access safe mode or anyhing. I have a Windows XP Operartting System.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

First question: Why do you describe this as a registry problem?

Second question: Which is the USB device?

Third: Is legacy/DOS support for USB enabled in the BIOS?

Fourth: Have you tried regular keyboard/mouse combination?

Louis

#3 DJSilk

DJSilk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

I purchased a PS/2 to USB converter (Radio Shack brand) and the mouse only works for a few second after moving it around. The mouse and keyboard words fine without the converter when its placed in the PS/2 ports but ounly the keyboard works with it is plugged into the conveter. Yes the USB is enabled in the BIOS. Someone informed me that it might be a registry problem thats why I said that.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

IMO...what you stated implies that the converter is the problem.

Have you actually tried a USB mouse...on this system?

And, to satisfy my own curiosity, why use a USB converter on these two items...when the keyboard ports allow the devices to work routinely?

AFAIK, there is nothing gained by doing so...in fact, you wind up losing USB ports that could be used for other devices.

I have a USB mouse only because they are cheaper/better than the older PS2 mice. But converting a PS2 doesn't give anyone that advantage.

Wait to see what others say :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users