Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe To Download Abc.com Video Player?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 acdragonx

acdragonx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

I want to watch episodes of Lost on the ABC.com website, but a special video is required. I'm just wondering if it's safe to download their video player so I can watch their shows online.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

They are using Adobe Flash player, version 7. That is a safe to use application.

You need a high-speed Internet (DSL, Cable Modem, T1, etc) connection in order to watch video on ABC.com. Please check to make sure that you have Flash 7.0 or above installed. After that, ensure that any pop-up or ad-blockers are turned off. You can also try to close your browser and restart the player in a new window.

Edited by boopme, 20 March 2008 - 05:49 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 acdragonx

acdragonx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

That's not the player I'm referring to.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

The Move Media Player plug-in ? Looks OK

Is this safe to install on my computer?
We respect your privacy. The Move media player does not install any form of spyware, adware, malware, etc. on your computer. You can uninstall the player at any time.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 acdragonx

acdragonx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

Yup, that's the one. Thanks =)

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

Quite welcome. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users