Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nero's Incd Causes Problems For "xp Pro"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 redoak

redoak

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Once before utilizing InCD caused a "BSOD". I decided to try once again so:

I started InCD thinking it would cause the "blue screen of death." The Desktop went black and then
reappeared with a green color appearing where blue is usually present, although not the desktop
background itself. The DT icons and others throughout the system were either altered or made
"fuzzy" as well. These conditions exist all through the system- dialog windows, files, progress
bars, etc. Obviously, InCD is having a major impact on the system.

Then, when I inserted an InCD formatted CD-RW, the “BSOD” occurred. I made note of the essential information. Here it is:

Multiple_IRP_complete_requests
Stop 0x00000044 (0x84FE9008, 0x00000D63, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have experimented with various modes of inserting the CD. If I insert it without InCD active, there
is no problem. In other words, insert the CD before activating InCD causes no “BSOD.” However,
the “green” problem covered above does when InCD is activated. Despite the corrupted color and
icons, the InCD program does work properly.

I hope this information will be adequate for you to analyze the problem.

Thanks, {redoak}
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

the problem is very easy to analyze, packet writting software like nero's INCD is basically incompatible with windows xp

it was originally intended for windows 98 machines and even then was problematic

in the dvd burning community we avoid it at all costs

removing from your machine is another story, I usually run the appropriate nero clean tool after uninstall nero and reinstall the other components that work

cd-rw's are a poor choice for data backups

Edited by DaChew, 20 March 2008 - 03:16 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 redoak

redoak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

"C- -": Thanks for your reply, the info re the dated nature of InCD (I did first use it with "ME."), and the advice to "deep six" it. Be advised I was not planning to use RWs for backups, but for temporary use in transferring files between my computer and one at our fire station. I need to transfer "active" files, not ones in "Read only" format.

I guess I will invest a few dollars in a small "flash drive."

{redoak}
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users