Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Iam Having A Trojan Nightmare

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kitty-kate

kitty-kate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

Hiya guys my name is kate iam having a pc nightmare at the moment.Problem is when i run avg free it says i have trojan horses on my pc the names are as follows jkklj.dll,,,css4[1]...vtuts.dll and a few others.Problem is after i do a avg scan it finds them and i put them in the volt..But through out the day it keeps popping up saying warning trojan horses..It all seemed to start yesterday i think its this msn virus but not sure,Please can anyone help..
:thumbsup:

Edited by kitty-kate, 20 March 2008 - 02:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

Welcome to BC kitty-kate

Please print out and follow the instructions for using "Vundofix". -- If using Windows Vista be sure to Run As Administrator.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the 'Fix Vundo' button.
  • After running VundoFix, a text file named vundofix.txt will automatically be saved to the root of the system drive, usually at C:\vundofix.txt.
  • Please copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application. (If using Windows Vista, be sure to "Run As Administrator")
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • The next screen will ask you to select the drives to scan. Leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 kitty-kate

kitty-kate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

Hiya there and thank you very much for your quick reply.I done what you said with vundofix and at the end of the download it said no files or virus found..But my avg is telling me every hour or so that there is any suggestions.Kindest regards kate :thumbsup:

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

Can you post the vundofix.txt file anyway and then run MBAM and post that log?

#5 kitty-kate

kitty-kate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hi quiteman once again thanks for replying to me..Iam not to sure what you want me to do iam fairly new to computers.Like i said i done a scan like you told me but all it said at the end was nothing found. regards kate

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,534 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

Perhaps I be be of help here for now. Is this an XP machine? If so you can find the files by:

For the Vundo fix report

A text file named vundofix.txt will automatically be saved to the root of the system drive, usually at C:\vundofix.txt

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Click on Windows Explorer
Now look for the file vundofix.txt
When found ,double click on it to open
Copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply

For the MBam report

Go to Start > All Programs >Malwarebytes antimalware
Clck the 2nd Malwarebytes antimalware
The tool will open
Along the top tabs >Click logs
Click on the latest log > Click Open
Copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 kitty-kate

kitty-kate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:16 AM

Hey i did check for the report but couldnt find.But after the scan it said no files virus found.So i done that mbam scan and it picked up 8 trojans which after scan it got rid of 5 of them then after i rebooted it got rid of the rest.My pc seems to work great now and my avg havent picked up anytthing so i would like to thank all you guys for your kind advise many thanks kate :thumbsup:

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:54 AM

If there are no more problems or signs of infection, you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

#9 kitty-kate

kitty-kate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:27 AM

Thanks so much i cant thank you enouth.Iam so pleased i found this site its been amazing just goes to show there genuine people left in the world kindest regards kate :thumbsup:

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

Your welcome.

To protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection, be sure to read:
"Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
"How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!".
"Best Practices - Internet Safety for 2008".
"Hardening Windows Security - Part 1 & Part 2".
"IE Recommended Minimal Security Settings".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users