Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anti Virus Reports Infected Files In C:\windows\temp\ *.qsp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dvdwalt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:41 AM

Symantec Antivirus is running

When running a virus scan, symantec pics up that there are virusses in e.g. c:\windows\temp\47E0D74B.qsp. Symantec reports it as W32.Spybot.worm. I have read in another topic on this website that it might be whataboutadog or doginhispen because the symptons are the same. How do I get rid of it? The files that are scanned does not exists. As soon as the antivirus program deletes it, another file appears out of nowhere and then the antivirus scans it, deletes it, and a nother file appears... and so it goes on. All the infected files that are reported have a .qsp extention.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,705 posts
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

Have your tried running your scans in "Safe Mode"? If not, please do so and report back.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users