Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Limited Or No Connectivity" Message Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mickeyw3340

mickeyw3340

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:19 AM

"Limited Or No Connectivity" Message Question

My wireless lap top and even a desk top unit running wireless gives a "Limited Or No Connectivity" message relating to the wireless connection. However when looking at the wireless icon in the task bar, it shows Good To Excellent Signal Strength and the only problem I have is a periodic disconnect from my ISP. Am I missing a setting of some kind or just what do I need to do to sastisfy Windows that I have a good connection? Thanks.
Mickey
......Mickey ....
LinkSys Wireless Home Network.
LinkSys Broadband Router
2 Desktop PCs ...One Laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:02 AM

Ok, what version of windows do you have? If you have Windows XP i would recomen updating to SP2, cause it has a little more help with netwroking. Also to help with your ocassional disconnects, for your wireless thing are you on the edge of the range? Try adjusting the settings on the signal thing (where signal is broadcasted to increase the distance of the wireless connectivity.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users