Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Updates

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stan5686

stan5686

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

On 3/2 I recieved notice of avalable updates.Update for Win.Vista KB940510 was one that was said to be an important update and an optional update, Intel Corp.-Video-Intel®82945G Express Chipset Family. I downlaoded and installed both. After shutdown and starting back up the next day I have size and appearence problems with almost every thing on my computer. Most noticeably web pages. I've tried resetting resolution,appearance settings,font size,and the Zoom setting in IE7 but I still have problrms relating to size.
This is not my first post reguarding this and by replys to the other message boards, I'm not the only person having trouble after this update.
Has anyone actually fixed this problem? Please let me know!!
Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:45 AM

At a first guess, I'd suspect that it was the Intel Video update that's giving you problems. Can you uninstall it? If not, try rolling back the driver in Device Manager. To do this go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Expand the + sign next to Display Adapter, then right click on the Intel video adapter and select "Properties", then select the Driver tab - there'll be a "Rollback driver" button that you can click on.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 stan5686

stan5686
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

The "Rollback Diver" button is not highlighted where I can click on it. Only Driver Details, Update Driver, Disable, or Uninstall buttons are able to be clicked.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:18 PM

I would go to the Intel site and download the latest video driver there. Here's the link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Fi...?ProductID=2102

You'll have to know the Vista version and if it's 32 or 64 bits - you can find that in the System applet of Control Panel.

FWIW - I never get video drivers from Microsoft or the manufacturer of the computer - and only from the company that manufactures the video chipset. Too many hands in the batter by the time it gets to Microsoft.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 stan5686

stan5686
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

Thanks,,,, Your sugestion of downloading and installing driver from Intel helped alot but not completely. The web pages seem most affected now. Most,but not all of them look too small for my 20 inch screen. In display settings I am only allowed to a maximum of 1400 x 1050 pixels. I have been told during all this that my size moniter needs 1600 x 1200. I don't know what any of those settings were before my trouble began.
Also, I have recieved notice of Vista SP1,,,, should I get this or work on my current problems first.
Thank You very much!!!!!

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:39 PM

1600 x 1200 will be smaller than 1400 x 1050 - why do you think that your resolution has to be set at 1600 x 1200?

#7 stan5686

stan5686
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:57 AM

I read that resolution recomended for a 20" monitor.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:01 AM

Try setting it to 1280 x 720 (or 780 for a widescreen)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users