Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cd writer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jonni

jonni

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:53 AM

Recently installed a CD writer on my parents PC. This came packaged with Nero.
Have tried to copy some jpegs onto a CD and for some strange reason Nero converts them into .dat files which then cannot be viewed with any of the image viewing software that they have on their machine.

Anybody any ideas why this has happened and how I can get them onto a CD in the correct format??? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 18 March 2005 - 04:49 PM

Thats very strange. Your just creating a new dvd compilation and dragging them in?

#3 jonni

jonni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:36 AM

Just followoing the instructions as they come up on the programme. Basically drag and drop the files I want into the pane at the side and then click creat CD. It burns fine and the files are on the CD they are just in completely the wrong format and cannot be viewed.

My Mum and Dad have a load of aold slides that they want to save for posterity so I got them set up with a scanner and they have scanned all the images they want onto the computer but obviously want to save them onto CD so that at some point in the future the younger generations can look at them. I am not familar with the ins and outs of Nero or any other software for burning CDs so I have no idea why this could be happening.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:59 PM

What type of compilation are you making? Video cd?

I think you are doing a video cd/slideshow compilation. Read this:

http://ww2.nero.com/us/FAQs_VCD_SVCD.html#7

#5 jonni

jonni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:40 AM

You are a star, thanks for that.

It seems a bit stupid to me though that they call it a data cd and then give you the option of an image CD.

Ill be over at the p's this weekend so i will hopefully get it sorted then.

Many thanks for your help.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users