Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old Dog Reaching Out For Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigedsnh

bigedsnh

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:13 AM

Well I futzed around with computers for quite some time. I guess I am dating myself, but my first experience with a computer was in college when we used an IBM 1620 computer (yes, vacuum tubes). As students we programed it using punch tape in machine language (you got it - binary language - zero's and ones). Things have really come a long way since then. I have always had various computers and have learned a lot by trial and error. My previous computer ran XP and acquired a few glitches due to my overzealous "tweaking", to the point I called it quits and sprung for a new machine with the Vista platform. Unfortunately I have hit a number of roadblocks getting it to run the way I would like, and am now at a loss, so I figured it is finally time to ask others for assistance. Thus I have entered into the realm of the bleeping computer, which is about my opinion of my current Vista-mobile. Hopefully other sharper minds may be able to help me see the light before I decide to scrap the Vista operating system and go back to XP.
Thanks for your time,
Ed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:21 AM

Welcome bigedsnh to the BC.

I see you'll fit in fairly well here.

Some of us actually go back before vacuum tube computers.
(My first had brass wires and beads - AKA an Abacus.)

May I suggest you start in our New User Orientation forum and then read about other forums?

Regards,
Koan

Edited by KoanYorel, 19 March 2008 - 10:21 AM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:46 PM

:thumbsup: to BC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users