Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Crash Then No: Internet, Dvd, Dvdr, Usb, Sound Device, Or Ports. Help Plz?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 RamblinglyVeryBored

RamblinglyVeryBored

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:04 AM

I was working on my assignments for school and my computer crashed. I had to restart my computer. Upon doing so when it logged back into windows my internet no longer worked. After troubleshooting I discovered it wasn't just my Internet. My Ethernet, DVD, DVDR, Sound, and USB Drivers all no longer worked. Under Admin Tools - Comp Management - Device Manager these items have the lil yellow buttons with the ! in them. I was capable of rolling back the drivers on my Ethernet and Sound. So I've got that up and running. My USB, CD/DVD. and USB's do not work. Rollback the drivers do not work. I keep getting Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I can't rollback or update drivers for these items.

I have ran Panda websites anti-virus checker. Nothing. AVG nothing. Spybot nothing. Ad-Ware nothing. I even rolled the computer back a few days as was suggested by someone else. Nothing. Luckily the ethernet let me rollback the driver, but the others are the stuck. Any suggestions? Anyone had this problem before? ... Bueller?...Bueller?

Note: I posted my hijack file just encase under the hijack fourm. Looking over it, I didn't quite see anything that I knew was wrong. But I figured might as well post it JUST in case I misunderstood something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:19 AM

The way things work

you have posted a HJT log, you are not supposed to ask advise in another section of the forum about your problems nor listen to any that you receive nor make any changes in your system

there's a good reason for this

I would have held off on the log and started in the Am I infected subforum

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137110/comp-issues-no-internet-dvd-writeable-sound-usb-hijack-file-included/

another thing you aren't supposed to do, is answer your log post and possibly lose your place in line

Edited by DaChew, 19 March 2008 - 07:21 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:21 AM

As you have an active HiJackThis logfile posted, I'm closing this thread. As DaChew stated, you're not supposed to work on the system while the HJT log analysis/repair is being done.

Once the HJT Team has finished with your log you can PM a mod to have this topic re-opened.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users