Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Wrong With My Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eggway

eggway

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:45 AM

when i press the power switch, the computer hardware start, my monitor does not appear anything but only black screen ( it appear that there is no signal from the CPU). And also my laser mouse, no light appear. NO light in keyboard too. The hard disk's light is solid ( not blinking) . What problem do u suggest that lie in my CPU hardware?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

System info (manufacturer, model)?

Are you getting that "no connection" message on the monitor? Or is it just a black screen?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 March 2008 - 10:31 AM.

#3 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:56 AM

Going to guess motherboard. tho it could be either the board or the power supply at first glance, but i want to see if im right once the folks dissect your problem

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:49 AM

The PSU is the heart of the system, if it ain't working, nothing else will. Are any fans running when you turn on the computer, the fan inside the PSU, or the fan on the motherboard. If not, then I would look into another PSU.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users