Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New To Sata

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ultimeas

Ultimeas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:20 PM

I've been away from computers for a couple years, and coming back, I see a slew of new technology, like SLI and Sata.

I'm currently running a 2.6 GHz P4 with a Via P4M800 Pro mobo.

I have 2 cd drives, a regular cd burner, and a dvd burner. I also have two HDDs, a 20 GB where my XP SP2 is located, and an extra 80GB where all my games and stuff are stored.

The HDD drives are on IDE0, with master and slave set, and the cd drivers are on IDE1 with master and slave set.

I ordered a dual layer dvd burner, because allot of things are on DL DVDs now, and when it came, it was a connector I've never seen before. It was SATA. I hooked it up, and figured I could run with both HDDs and the (now) all 3 cd drives.

Upon booting up, I noticed that my 80 GB slave HDD was no longer detected, along with my new SATA dvd drive was not detected. A quick look in my bios, and I turned on "OnChip SATA," and the SATA dvd drive was detected, and everything was fine with that.

However, my 2nd slave HDD, the 80GB one, is still not being detected whatsoever.

I've tried messing with jumpers, bios settings, etc, and cannot seem to figure this out?

Is there something I'm missing here? I've been googling this for a good half hour now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ultimeas

Ultimeas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

Nevermind I got it. Turns out the 80GB HDDs molex plug had a wire come out of it, a new molex plug fixed it right up. Please delete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users