Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help If You Think You Can..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drgunaide

drgunaide

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

prologue:
So I have this problem see, i've done all i can think of , asked everyone i know. thought about it, still cannot figure it out and im not willing yet to just say dead computer, by the way I work for a computer store and have experience yadda yadda yadda,, im not an idiot but the problem still may be simple, anyways.

The problem : when sound drivers correctly installed and sound works, you get a beep beep beep sound (the sound you get when you hold two keys down for a bit and the system tells you , hey! a key is stuck) in notepad or any document , the key "=" is constantly automatically input, here is where it gets strange, the problem persists even AFTER I unplugged keyboard cable..

The Scenario : it's a HP pavilion dv1330ca , it's been wiped more times then a babies butt and it still happens everytime you try and install audio drivers from hp website, i've made a restore point before installing audio drivers and i've installed every other driver i can think of, also i cannot get rid of the device name " keyboard_filter_01 " in the 'other list' which only comes up after i install hp quick launch buttons, in any regards i've done a list of things and would appreciate any help

things i've tried :
cleaned cables to keyboard
replaced keyboard
usb keyboard
unplugged cable to quick launch buttons
different ram
different win XP oem cd, different versions of XP
manually installing drivers
updating bios, trying different drivers ...
maybe i've even tried more things i cant remember i've put atleast 10 hours on it though trying to figure out what it is...

once again, the computer from a fresh install of windows XP with a legal copy of the cd , and after every driver from HP's website is downlaoded and installed one by one, and if audio is the last one to install (up till then it works fine, except no sound) and then i install audio the keyboard is unworkable and it makes a beep beep bepp like a key is stuck, and if i goto safe mode the problem goes away and i can type normally and in device manager it looks like all drivers are installed except keyboard_filter_01 which i believe belongs to hp quick launch buttons software

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...;product=503489

If I was trying to get a clean install from a generic oem xp cd?

I usually look at the dates of the drivers and load the mobo chipset utility/driver then the video driver and then the sound driver

later drivers seem to work best loaded last or as updates to the original ones

a good load needs to start at the bottom and procede upward, keyboard drivers are at the top

Edited by DaChew, 18 March 2008 - 07:47 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

You're far from the only one having the problem. One suggestion here
http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 drgunaide

drgunaide
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:39 PM

here is a funny story with the HP online chat,

I used the online chat to see if their resources could help, i explained the situation to Muhammed about 20 times explaining word to word what i did and what is happening, out of the blue he sends me some copied and pasted links, and is like don't click that link copy and paste it into url dowload it and install it in safe mode, you problem is fixed buh-bye I'm likes WOAH..... i look at the file he sends me (he sends me video driver called 'Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family Driver ') and says go install chipset in safemode that will fix your problem, i response saying first of that isn't chipset, that is video drivers, it's the video chipset also called video drivers,,, he says NO it's chipset. go instal in safe mode it work good, i say well first of the link you sent me is this [insert file name] and it's clearly graphic drivers, look when i try and install it it gives me info and is in catagory : graphic.. anyways he says , it's video and chipset drivers, i say no chipset is something else entirely , and i send him link to chipset, he persists and says goto safe mode and install it, i then say i all ready installed those "chipset" drivers you linked to me and my 'video' works fine, i also all ready installed chipset without problem , its when i install audio drivers i have the problem.. anyways he's like buh-bye before i can save conversation.. just thought it was funny, in any regards i tried what he said and OMG didn't work, i later conatcted hp again, and that conversation i saved,,, ill post it later made me laugh my white *** off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users