Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cobian Backup 8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 craneop

craneop

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

Hello everybody, I run windows XP sp2. I have Cobian 8 install. Update is telling me there is a new version (beta). Should i upgrade to that version ? I don't know anything about beta. Thanks ,Joe mc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

A beta version is typically the first new version of a product that is released by the developers of the software. The purpose of beta versions is for real-world testing. As such, the software will probably contain bugs or glitches. Unless your interested in testing the product to help the developers find these bugs, you should wait for the full release.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 craneop

craneop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

Thanks budapest, I think I'll wait. Thanks joe mc

#4 craneop

craneop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

I just read the tutorial on cobian and tried to start my first backup. The tutorial said to copy C:\ to G:\. There is know G:\ on my system. I figured that cobian would create G:\. But I get an error , that say, error while creating or updating the archive G:\ Cannot create file G:\ The system cannot find the path specified. Any ideas on what I have to do. Thanks Joe Mc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users