Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Internet After Braviax Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 harold711

harold711

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

Hey everyone,
Here's my prob: I just had a whopper of a virus that I cleaned out of my desktop comp (it was the "braviax" virus--had to use Combofix and about 4 other AV software to flush it out) The big stuff is finally gone but now my internet connection, which is run by an ethernet cable the provider being SBC, is slow as heck. I used WinsockxpFix and LSPFix and still nothing. As soon as the comp logs on to the net, I have about a minute of the old time connection speed.

Now, I ran PCPitstop Exterminate and the following entries came up:
WhenU SaveNow (Malware) 4 threats
ProcKill (Misc Tool) 1 threat

I've ran SpyBot Search and Destroy and the one virus entry that keeps coming up is Win32.tiny.abk and the file is:
WINDOWS/TEMP/7CF28762C38CA0D4.TMP
WINDOWS/TEMP/AE8AB41F91F72503.TMP

For some reason SpyBot won't delete this permanently, even when TeaTimer and the 'Help' options are unchecked.

I ran AVG, but that scan comes up clean for some reason..

Another scan, SpyHunter, gave 2 entries for NetPumper which I had to delete manually since that program is not freeware.

Recently, I ran a couple more scans and TEMP Windows folder hasn't appeared again but my internet is still slow...is this because of using ComboFix or because of the lurking malware?

Also, my HJT log is clean (I only have a few entires in there so there's nothing to see) My Kaspersky scan also cam up clean (with some locked objects mostly from the System32 folder and .log files)

I'd greatly appreciate some help on this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:00 PM

You have an active HJT log posted, You have not replied to here. Please do so.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry769757

Are you trained in using and reading ComboFix and HiJackThis to determine their results? If so why post a log and take a volunteers valuable tine from helping one ofthe other 400 people awaiting a turn for their help.

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

For now this topic will be closed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users