Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I Need To Either Fix Process Explorer Or Remove It

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ejames82

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

i thought i was finally ready for process monitor. after i downloaded it and ran it, the GUI came up as a small window. when i clicked to maximize, the desktop froze. i could still move my cursor, but nothing else would respond. no "esc", no "CTRL + w", not even "ctrl + alt + del". after an hour of waiting, and hoping not to hard kill, i hard killed it.
since i recently installed my printer for the first time in months, i thought the printer was the cause. i disconnected the printer from the computer (though it is still on the list of hardware), and process monitor froze again when i tried to use the bottom scroll. this time i waited for over an hour and a half before i hard killed it.
could the fact that the printer is still on the hardware list be causing the freeze-up? i would like to use process monitor, but if i can't get it to work properly i will need to remove it, which is another issue, how is process monitor removed? it's not in add/remove, and there's no uninstall tool.
any advice or insight would be most appreciated. Ed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:26 AM

Does the problem only happen when you use Process Monitor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users