Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Interrupt

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikest

mikest

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

Have a Samsung Snycmaster 205BW/204BW Syncmaster CX203BW/CX205BW (digital) purchased Sept 07. No problems ti about a month ago.
Monitor screen will go black for 5-10 seconds at random moments in random programs. I don't appear to lose my place or any data. Audio is also lost during this time frame. It appears to be occuring more often as time goes on and from time to time staying black for 2-3 extra seconds.
Have scanned using Spybot and Free AVG. Also use Mozilla Firefox as browser
Here are PC details courtesy of BelArc Advisor
OS Windows XP
Processor 2g Athlon 64
Drive 80g hard drive
System model Gateway D6405
RAM 1024m
Display Radeon 9200

Can furnish more specifics if required and told what and how to get them. Anybody got anything helpful for me?

MikeSt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

These interruptions...these occur online only?

You sure that video and audio are impacted every time?

Have you checked Event Viewer for possible clues?

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

Worth reading: http://www.hardforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1212217.html

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 18 March 2008 - 04:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users