Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Uninstall Nero 7 From Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shayd12nv

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

I installed a cracked version of Nero 7 from a disc. I am now trying to delete it from my computer to install Nero 8. I have gone to the control panel to uninstall, the following message pops up, "windows installer has stopped working. a problem caused the program to stop working." Once i close that window another error message pops up saying " internal error custom action DLL crashed on last call function NEROAg- UnregisterComex. the installer must exit". I have gone to my registry edit to delete it. I have deleted it from there but it is still shows up on the control panel. i have tried to delete it in safe mode, an error says that the windows installer is not usable in safe mode. Any other options will help. thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:34 PM

the clean tool would be my choice, but if you have malware from using a cracked infected copy of nero anything is possible

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

Using cracked software almost always means trouble. Not only from the Law, but from viruses and infections. First, I would do several scans of your system with online tools and anti-malware tools. You can find a good list in BC's forums under:

Once you confirm you are clean, then try the following:

1) Try to remove Nero 7 from the Control Panel. **This may take quite a while and may appear to stall**. Uninstalling apps that use Windows Installer in Vista is painfully slow..

2) Download and run the clean tool as DaChew recommends. You may see several command prompt windows flash on and off...this is normal. If you receive any error messages (there could be many of them), simply OK out of them and continue.

Failing that try to uninstall in Safe Mode by doing this Registry Hack (below). Make sure you make a registry BACKUP first, in case anything goes wrong.

To make Windows Installer work under safe mode you need to create a registry entry for every type of safe mode you are login into:
1. Safe Mode. Type this in an elevated command prompt (as an administrator)
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
Then start the Windows Installer service by typing net start msiserver

2. Safe Mode with Network. Type this in an elevated command prompt (as an administrator).
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
Then start the Windows Installer service by typing net start msiserver

#4 david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:40 AM

Also, just for reference, never get anything that is cracked. Almost every program that is cracked is going to have malware. This may even be why the problem you have is there. Also, yes I second I_am_CanadianEh? about running malware scans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users