Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help touching up pic please

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:29 PM

Hey. I'm tryin to edit this pic. There was an off color streak on the pic (dude from A Clockwork Orange) and i can't seem to get it to blend right.

Can someone help me blend it in? It's the patch on the right side of his face, near the nose/cheek....

Posted Image

EDIT I've already worked on the saturations/contrast/color balance in PhotoShop. It looks a lot better than it did.

Thanx for any help in advance.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 17 March 2005 - 10:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:11 PM

That image is seriously degraded by jpg compression etc - I'd be looking for a new source myself. But here's my attempt to help for what its worth, droog:
Posted Image

Hmm, something strange going on - your image shows as 89KB but when I edit it I only get a 32KB image. Now I'm confused.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 18 March 2005 - 11:43 PM

Wow, that looks a lot better! Thanx Rimmer, you did a very nice job :thumbsup: . Did you use the smoothing tool and color balancer or what? What app did u use?

BTW: This was the original image:

Posted Image

You can see how horrible it looks before any edits...

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 19 March 2005 - 01:57 AM

Did you use the smoothing tool and color balancer or what? What app did u use?

No Photoshop for me *cry* just Paintshop Pro v. 5 since it was free at the time.
I outlined the mismatched part and tweaked the RGB values to get rid of the worst of that orange glow. Then I just smudged and softened around. I also redrew the nostril line but looking at the original that may not have been necessary.

You did a nice job of recovering detail in the overexposed parts of the original.

Just a tip I've had pointed out to me, apologies if you already know all this, but you want to check your jpg compression settings. Looking at the hat brim, in the original it's a clean black whereas in your edited image it's spotted with grey boxes. This can be due to over aggressive settings for jpg compression, which occurs when you edit an image and save it as a jpeg file (particularly if you edit several times). I've dropped my jpg compression back to 10% and I never edit in jpeg format if I can help it (I learned my lesson).

Hope this is of some help.

Edited by Rimmer, 19 March 2005 - 01:59 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 marocballistic

marocballistic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

Hi Heretic Monkey,

I have spent a bit of time on your pic and edited it alot colour balanced it, merged digital distortions and re-inserted the original depth fields the image should have if it was hi resolution. But I have not been a member long and cannot post images, so if you have an email address I could send it to you, I have mailed the admin staff to see if they can activate my attachment option but have to wait and see. Thought I could help you thats all.

Anyway all the best hiope to hear ya reply soon

Later bud.

Marco

#6 marocballistic

marocballistic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:16 AM

See if this works Heretic,

here is hopefully the pic I edited for you

ok 3

Posted Image

#7 barb1011

barb1011

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

OK...I fixed it. Where can I email it to you?
Barb

#8 barb1011

barb1011

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:10 PM

OK, wait. I mean to say I worked on it for a while, and it is a lot better than it was.
Still need to email it to ya tho.

#9 marocballistic

marocballistic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:35 AM

hey barb set up a phot bucket account at:

www.photobucket.com

then paste the link u get when ya done uploading the clockwork orange pic onto a new reply on here and your pic will appear that how everyone else does it man

ok no worries

marco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users