Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D Drive Partition Files Missing!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 siewpao

siewpao

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:33 AM

Hey guys I seriously need help with my pc. My hard drive has 2 partition drive c and d. D partition is where i keep all my music files at.
One fine day, I wanted to listen to some music and i clicked on my computer then clicked on D drive. To my suprise, there is only one folder. KDB folder.
When i opened the folder, there are a list of weird files in the folder. All my songs are no where to be seen.

My question.. Is this KDB folder thing a virus???

How do i get back my files???

If i format my C drive,will d drive files magically reappear.??

Any advise is much appreciated.......Thanks in advance.......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:32 AM

Hello,

Have you looked at the size of the drive? when you right click and select properties, does the pie chart say the drive is full or empty?

The KDB folder has something to do with a soccer game so may not be a virus. have you looked under the disk management section to analyze the partitions of the drive. (Start>run>compmgmt.msc)
Regards,

Alan.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

This thread is closed as you have another open here.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users