Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Windows Error Report

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 judda

judda

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:59 AM

Hello Guys,

I hope someone can make some sense of this report I got on my desktop, after my PC restarted on it's own !!!

I have Windows XP pro and was Using Webroot's Window Washer, when my screen suddenly went black, and the computer restarted, when everything loaded, I got a message, saying something like,
This machine has suffered a Serious Error, and on the dropdown reports were these messages.

Microsoft Windows
Error Signature
DCCode: 1000007e BCP1:C0000005 BCP2:804E 3687
BCP3: F88D 2BB4 BCP4 : F88D 28B0 OSVer: 5_1_2600
SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Then in another dropdown was this report.

Error Report Contents
The following files will be included in the error report

C:\DOCUME~1\George|LOCALS~1\Temp\WER75ac.dir00\Mini031808-02.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\George\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER75ac.dir00\sysdata.xml

I just clicked OK and carried on using the PC without a problem.

Is there anything I should do, Or worry about.

When my PC rebooted the first time, I went back to Webroot's Window Washer and clicked on it again, and the very same thing happened, part way through the wash, the screen went black and the PC rebooted.

Thank you for any help you may give me,
I keep saying this, because it's true, you guys are the best, and haven't let me down yet

Judda.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:27 AM

Since it happens while using the Windows Wash program, I'd first suggest uninstalling that program - then reinstall a fresh copy.

The error that you received (STOP 0x7e for short) occurred when an application tried to access memory in a way that wasn't allowed. Since there's many things that can do this, the best bet is to try the obvious before diving in for detailed troubleshooting.

Have you added anything new to your computer (hardware, software, updates, etc) recently?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 judda

judda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:57 AM

Hello usasma,

first off thank you for trying to help.

To answer your question, I downloaded the New Nero 8 on trial.

But if I can just explain one or two more things,

First it is not just the Wash program now, most of the Anti Virus, anti Malware programs I use causes the same problem,
also within the last week or so, I rebooted my PC and I got a warning that my ZoneAlarm license had expired, which I knew hadn't, and I tried to reinstall my license number, which it wouldn't accept.

When I got in touch with ZoneAlarm they asked me to check which version I was trying to reinstall my license to, and it had changed to an old version of ZoneAlarm, I had bought and paid for the full ZoneAlarm security suite ???

I was told to download the new ZoneAlarm security Suite and then try the license again which worked.

I went to bed last evening and left Ad Aware running on my PC, when I logged on this morning, the warning, that this machine has suffered a serious error etc, was on screen.

Do you think I may have a serious Virus or bug etc, whatever it is they are called.

If so is there anything I can try to get rid of it/them.

Thank you.

Judda.

Edited by judda, 19 March 2008 - 03:58 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:19 AM

I'm going to move this topic over to the Am I Infected forum for some more expert help.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 judda

judda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:59 AM

Hello usasma'

I have been waiting patiently for someone to try and help me with the query you have placed on another board, "Am I infected ? What do I do"

There is a blue worded notice there at the top of the panel, is this addressed to me,

When posting your problem, do not run and post a ComboFix logs. ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer. Any posts containing CF Logs will be ignored.

To receive help, you should instead provide a detailed description of your problem, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, screenshots of strange behaviour, and your operating system. This information is much more useful to our helpers than a ComboFix log.

I haven't a clue what it means if it is, I haven't posted any ComboFix logs, all I did was write what was on the notice I received, can you please help me out and maybe explain what I have done wrong, and maybe why the plea for help was placed on another board, only for the above notice to be added.

I still get the same thing.

I have tried downloading Adobe flash player again, as I can't see any video tutorials etc, but the I am unable to do so.

I have tried logging off and logging back on to my computer to see if I can be logged on as Administrator to no avail, I keep getting the same notice, or Windows has recovered from a serious error, etc.

Thank you for any help you may give me.

Judda.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,961 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

Hello judda,

Sorry about the delayed response. We are all volunteers here and sometimes things slip past us.

There is a blue worded notice there at the top of the panel, is this addressed to me?

If you haven't done anything with ComboFix, then no it isn't addressed to you. That message appears to everyone posting in the Am I Infected forum as ComboFix has been misused quite a bit.
--------------
--------------
Do you have any other security programs installed besides ZoneAlarm Security Suite and AdAware? If so, please name them. Also, what version is your AdAware program?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 judda

judda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:55 AM

Hello Orange Blossom,

My Ad-Aware is 2007,

I also have Solo Antivirus Scanner, Spybot S&D, AVG 7.5, C Cleaner, Window Washer, Spyware Blaster, and System Mechanic 7.

I am using Windows XP Pro.

Thank you for any help you may give me.

Also do you know of any reason why Adobe Flash Player won't download onto my computer, Everytime I get a message to download flash player, I click the Yes button, and nothing happens, I have even been to the site and physically tried to download it, with no success.

I am signed in on my computer as Administrator, But I still get the message about Windows not being able to access the file/folder, as I may not have the appropriate permission etc, etc.

Judda.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,475 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

For the issue with sysdata.xml, see "Examining Errors".

Error Message: "The system has recovered from a serious error.
C:\Windows\Minidump020404-01.dmp
C:\Docume~1\Darle~1\Locals~1\Temp\Wer5E.tmp.diroo\sysdata.xml"

Solution: This error message reveals a problem with a memory dump (an inventory of the contents of computer memory; sometimes referred to as a minidump). It seems the OS created a memory dump file but forgot about it, so it's attempting to create the file again. The resulting conflict leads to a serious error and the sudden system meltdown.

The minidump error is sometimes associated with an outdated video driver (a program that facilitates communication between a hardware component and the rest of the system), so one potential solution is to download a driver update for the video card...

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users