Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Proxy Downloads

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 david21

david21

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:58 AM

ok my problem started about three days ago i have a progrm called frostwire the another called utorrent and neather connect 2 download when i go on the internet to preview a movie it goes normaly to my windows media player and plays well now they dont play all of them work with my network cause all of them are having problems to connect i was cleaning out some old files and i think i deleted something i needed i tryed to do a system restore and it wont work cause when i try system restore it shuts off restarts and tells me windows incountered an error files not changed. so please help im about to throw this damn thing threw a wall. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

hi,,,, are the files you deleted in the recycle bin,, if so put them back,,,,, are you saying that any program that connects to the internet will not connect,,, like your web browser or windows updates or your anti virus updater,, or is it just these two p2p apps ,, utorrent & frostwire,,,, if it is just these two then delete them alltogether and download them again,,, as for things not playing in media player you could have deleted the codec's that the media needs to play,,, find out what format these files are then download the codec that you need off google,,,,, ie if its an avi file u need DIVx or one simaler...... good luck
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 david21

david21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

Thank you but i figgered it out bout 6 hours after i posted about my prob i just uninstalled my eathernet and reinstalled it and then poof it worked lol i could of done that to start with just a missing file thanks anyways though

Edited by david21, 18 March 2008 - 11:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users