Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MediaAccK.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 computerdumdum

computerdumdum

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:48 PM

[FONT=Courier][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
I have been receiving notice " the program failed to initialize properly." I have run Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyblaster, AdAware Personal SE and my Norton Internet Security system time after time and slowly but surely have removed some of the adware that entered my computer. BUT...this MediaAccK.exe seems to be imbedded pretty good. Can someone tell me how to rid my HP of this blight?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:19 PM

Hi computerdumdum and welcome to BC

You need to remove Media Access from Add/Remove programs, delete the mediaacc.exe and mediaaccess.exe files and then find and delete the C:\Program Files\Media Access folder. If you were to post a HiJack This log as detailed here the HJT team can help you out to.

Edited by Leurgy, 17 March 2005 - 09:23 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:21 PM

It is adware.

Download, update and use the Microsoft Anti-Spyware beta:

Microsoft Antispyware Beta: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

Try running this one too:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx

#4 computerdumdum

computerdumdum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:14 PM

Thank you Leurgy and Enthusiast with your help I think I got this thing out . I have a good freind who is quite literate and he is also always there if I need him but it is certainly nice to be able to "pick" someone elses brain for once. My freind also suggested I go into task manager and eliminaate MediaAcc.exe from the processes. I did this but it kept reappearing. I right clicked on the MediaAcc.exe and shut it down by the END PROCESS TREE tab. I will run the scans one more time to make sure but I think I have had a victory. Thanks again, computerdumdum

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:06 PM

Glad to have been able to help and thanks for posting back. If you have any more problems just let us know.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users