Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 geogre s

geogre s

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

Hello
Before i describe the problem i would like to make it clear that i would like to recover as much as possible. This problem occurred playing a game called Empires V2.1. It is a steam half 2-death match mod. I had problems in the past however i didn't not consider them problems the screen froze when the game changed map. However when it froze it wouldn't respond to Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Esc or the start menu button. I pressed the power button and restarted it that way. However this is when the problem occurs and i can't over come it. It starts with a normal dell screen and the loading bar crosses at the bottom as normal. Then it goes to a black page with a blue line across the top with white writing saying www.dell.com. A line (programming maybe it appears and disappears rapidly). It then goes to a black screen saying something along the lines of We are sorry for the inconvenience but windows failed to start properly. It then gives you options and no matter which option I choose I still get a blue of screen of death saying the following;

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer. If this is the time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this appears again, follow these steps;

Disable or uninstall any antivirus, dick defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any update drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart you computer.

Technical information:

*** STIP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x85E11670,0xc0000102,0x00000000)

It ends there. I cannot access a log in screen. I desperately need help if any additional information is required i will be glad to try and supply it.

Dell Dimension 9100 series
About 5 years old.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so, try running chkdsk from Safe Mode.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 geogre s

geogre s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

I'm afriad when i try in start mode same problem. I obivously didn't make this clear. If i leave it to start normally i get a option before the blue screen. Start in; safe mode, safe mode with options, last recent settings that worked, and start windows normally. Nothing here is a quote from the page it is just summerised to give the main point :thumbsup:.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

Do you have a Windows XP CD? If so, insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:16 AM

If the chkdsk doesn't work, I'd suggest downloading a bootable diagnostic utility from the manufacturer of your hard drive. That'll let you know if the problem is with the NTFS file system, or with the disk itself.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users