Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Entering The Discrete Graphics Market

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:18 PM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, or if someone else has already posted it, but word is on Tomshardware that Intel is going to be making real graphics cards now. Here is the article on tomshardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/17/int...amd-ati_nvidia/ .

I remember reading an article of how some "important guy" (I forget who) at Intel was very disappointed in Intels current graphics power. Even though about 60% of most people's computers use Intel integrated graphics, he was disappointed that their graphics didn't work very well with something simple like Windows Vista's "Aero" feature. I guess this might be another cause why they are doing this.

So what are peoples thoughts on this? I'm hoping it brings down the prices of graphics cards now, and will put pressure on Nvidia, since ATI isn't putting up much of a fight (I prefer ATI though :thumbsup: ).
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:13 AM

Hmm, I personally think Intel and ATI are going to have a hard time to keep on nVidia. I recentally read somewhere (Might have been on the forums or somewhere else) That nVidia recentally bought Ageia PhysX. Its only a matter of time before nVidia starts producing cards with PhysX technology on it.

However, that would put Intel and ATI in the lower price ranges, boosting thier sales.

Mabey we should just stand by and see how this pans out.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 26 March 2008 - 09:14 AM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users