Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sometimes I Can't Access A Link While Browsing

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 ashton_r

ashton_r

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

My problem is, when I click a link in Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox, it will not load. The biggest problem yet is opening a link in a web-page. Whenever I'm doing stuff on-line and I click a link, say for example I'm looking for a dog, and I need to click a link to get to the place to see it, it will not load, I've waited 10 minutes for it to load, and it doesn't. I've recently installed Mozilla Firefox to see if it would fix it, but Mozilla has the same problem too.
Please help, I'm lost and don't know what to do.

I started a new topic because i want my HJT log closed. thx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

have you reloaded your computer since abandoning your thread last jan 31?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic78504-15.html
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 ashton_r

ashton_r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

yes, actually, i have, i reboot it at least once a week, i forgot about that post, not sure if i should still follow the instructions, because ever since then, i used system restore and just re-doewnloaded everything.

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

this appears to be your current log thread

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...&pid=763698

which you have not yet given the Team time to review and check out

do you still beleive yourself to be infected? and if NOT what tools have you used to ensure you are clean?

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

I started a new topic because i want my HJT log closed. thx.

Done at your request.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 ashton_r

ashton_r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:13 PM

I'm not so sure whether I'm infected, i have AVG, which has cought 1 trojan so far, but otherthan that, no viruses or other infections... and it still wont let me complete my enrollment for school, which is why i posted this, so, I'm not sure what to do.
I've scanned my computer and updated it recently, tried diagnostic, and thats it

Edited by ashton_r, 17 March 2008 - 05:18 PM.

#7 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

may I poiltey suggest then you run some basic scans ?

try superantispyware FREE

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html

its exe is
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfi...ANTISPYWAREFREE

and asquared free

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/
its exe is http://download6.emsisoft.com/a2FreeSetup.exe

try downloading each, fully update the definitions, reboot into safe mode and run on full deep scans

let us know what they find? each will produce a log report , which you could post in here for review

#8 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

i used system restore

system restore is not the same as reloading your computer

I can understand not being able to wait, but on the other hand you only started a cleanup, didn't finish it. If you had continued till the infection(s) were gone(or at least to some degree of certainity) then you would have been directed to create a new restore point and erase the older ones which were probably infected.

The reason someone trains for a year or more in this procedure is it's extremely complicated.

Even after a cleanup, we often see parts of the OS can be broken, that's best fixed by running windows xp as a repair disk

A total clean reinstall is something people should be prepared for from day one
Chewy

#9 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

to further the point made by Da Chew; if you DID use system restore on an infected computer,you I guess did NOT also , having turned it back, then clear OUT system restore as many nastieslike to hide IN there

what you really needed to do was to , once you have turned back and established new settings on the computer, you THEN , to hopefully shift the infection from within system restore itself, need to turn system restore OFF ,reboot and turn it back ON

this has the effect of clearing out system restore and ridding IT of infections;

the only draw back with this is yuu then lose ALL your restore points BUT you have then hopefully a then clean restore facility

I think you do need to run some scans to see what IS going on; shame you could not wait to get the HJT log analysed properly or at all

#10 ashton_r

ashton_r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

ok, the problem with super-anti-spyware was it saved no log, so heres the log from a-squared, i might keep that one instead of AVG.

a-squared Free - Version 3.1
Last update: 3/17/2008 3:35:32 PM

Scan settings:

Objects: Memory, Traces, Cookies, C:\, D:\
Scan archives: On
Heuristics: On
ADS Scan: On

Scan start: 3/17/2008 3:43:26 PM

c:\program files\macrogaming\sweetim detected: Trace.Directory.Sweet IM
c:\program files\macrogaming\sweetim\conf detected: Trace.Directory.Sweet IM
c:\program files\macrogaming\sweetim\conf\users detected: Trace.Directory.Sweet IM
c:\program files\macrogaming\sweetim\data detected: Trace.Directory.Sweet IM
c:\program files\macrogaming\sweetim\data\contentdb detected: Trace.Directory.Sweet IM
c:\program files\macrogaming\sweetim\conf\users\main_user_config.xml detected: Trace.File.Sweet IM
c:\program files\macrogaming\sweetim\data\contentdb\cache_indx.dat detected: Trace.File.Sweet IM
Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freeze.com\Installer --> id detected: Trace.Registry.Living Beaches #2 Animated Wallpaper
Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macrogaming\SweetIM --> simapp_id detected: Trace.Registry.Sweet IM
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Cache --> http://www.sweetim.com/simiebar/toolbar30.xml detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_highlight_btn_id detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_main_btn_id detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_main_menu_feedback_item detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_main_menu_forum_item detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_main_menu_home_item detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_main_menu_privacy_item detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_main_menu_search_item detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_search_btn_id detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_search_combo detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_search_menu_google_srch_item detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_search_menu_MSN_srch_item detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_search_menu_sim_srch_item detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_search_menu_yahoo_srch_item detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar\tb_items --> sim_sweetim_btn detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> KeepHistory detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> lastVersionMsg detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> OpenNew detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> PopStop detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> RunSearchAutomatically detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> RunSearchDragAutomatically detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> Scope detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> serverpath detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> ShowFindButtons detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> ShowHighlightButton detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> TBBreak detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> TBPos detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> ToolbarIsFailed detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> uninstallMsg detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> UpdateAutomatically detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> updateMsg detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> updateUrl detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> updateXML detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> urlAfterUninstall detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> urlAfterUpdate detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> UserAgent detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWEETIE\Toolbar --> versionError detected: Trace.Registry.SweetIMBarForIE
Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freeze.com\Installer --> id detected: Trace.Registry.EZ Game Cheats
c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\mylayout detected: Trace.Directory.My Layout Profile Editor
c:\program files\freeze.com\mylayout profile editor detected: Trace.Directory.My Layout Profile Editor
c:\program files\freeze.com\mylayout profile editor\first.lck detected: Trace.File.My Layout Profile Editor
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@247realmedia[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@2o7[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@adserver.yahoo[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@advertising[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@atdmt[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@bluestreak[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@bs.serving-sys[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@burstnet[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@casalemedia[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@data.coremetrics[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@dealtime[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@doubleclick[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@fastclick[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@media.adrevolver[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@media.adrevolver[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@media6degrees[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@mediaplex[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@questionmarket[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@realmedia[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@revenue[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@server.iad.liveperson[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@serving-sys[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@specificclick[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@stat.dealtime[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@statse.webtrendslive[2].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@trafficmp[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@tribalfusion[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@zedo[1].txt detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:21 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:22 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:24 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:26 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:27 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:28 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:29 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:62 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:107 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:129 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:240 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:241 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:242 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:245 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:247 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:248 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:272 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:290 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:292 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:293 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:297 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:335 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:336 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:339 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:340 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:356 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:362 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:363 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:383 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:415 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:416 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:417 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:421 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:422 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:423 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:427 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:431 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:432 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:433 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:434 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:435 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:436 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:445 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:471 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:472 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:552 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:579 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:580 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:585 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:587 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:592 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:593 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:594 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:595 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:596 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:611 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:627 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:628 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:629 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:649 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:650 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:691 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:694 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:714 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:730 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:732 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:733 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:734 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:780 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:781 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:788 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:823 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:866 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:867 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\daaq94za.default\cookies.txt:868 detected: Trace.TrackingCookie
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\578MXIUQ\upgrade[1].cab/upgrade.exe detected: Adware.Win32.OneStep.c
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\9EA0E8X9\upgrade[1].cab/upgrade.exe detected: Adware.Win32.OneStep.a
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\MediaBar.exe detected: Trojan.Win32.StartPage.azb
C:\hp\bin\KillWind.exe detected: Riskware.RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.p
C:\Program Files\BackWeb\BackWeb Client\6.2.3.66L\Program\runner.exe detected: Adware.BackWeb.a
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\1940576\Program\BackWeb-1940576.exe detected: Adware.BackWeb.a
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Components\SystemConfig0100.dll detected: Adware.WinAD
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Default.SFX detected: Trojan.RAR.KillFiles.b
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ONE39.tmp\upgrade.exe detected: Adware.Win32.OneStep.a
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ONE9.tmp\upgrade.exe detected: Adware.Win32.OneStep.c

Scanned

Files: 202992
Traces: 170995
Cookies: 1159
Processes: 12

Found

Files: 10
Traces: 50
Cookies: 103
Processes: 0
Registry keys: 0

Scan end: 3/17/2008 5:37:33 PM
Scan time: 1:54:07

#11 ashton_r

ashton_r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

yeah, ruby, sorry about that, i just need to enroll in school and i can't click a specific link to take me there, so i didnt have the time. also, a-squared wanted me to quarantine the trojans, but i didnt just to save the logfile, should i delete the trojans? Or... not.

Edited by ashton_r, 17 March 2008 - 08:52 PM.

#12 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

I would quarantine them then for safe measure follow quietman's advise exactly from post 2 in this thread

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry768900

MBAB is a good new program

ATF will keep you from being reinfected by temporary files

and super from safe mode might kill some that are hiding when you are in regular mode
Chewy

#13 ashton_r

ashton_r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:09 PM

now i am confused... which antivirus should i keep, i now have 4 installed...

#14 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

avg should be the only one running resident protection

super and a squared shouldn't be running at bootup

what's the fourth?
Chewy

#15 ashton_r

ashton_r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:26 PM

MBAB is the new one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users