Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

transfer mac picture files to pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rons

rons

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:33 PM

I have a Imation CD with many Mac picture files on it. The pictures were all created in 1996. I would now like to trasfer them to my old Windows 98 PC. I downloaded a program TransMac which had no problem transferring the cd files to my pc. Opening them up and viewing them is another story.

Most of the pic. files have a .ct extension now on my pc. I tried to open them with a freeware program called Photofiltre but Photofiltre doesnt even recognize any of the transfered files as picture files. When I try to open it from it's folder it shows nothing there. I also notice if I try to open a pic file from TransMac directly MS Paint tries to open it but says it is not proper format something to that effect.

I assume that MS Paint is trying to open because when Transmac tried to open a pic file it showed me a list of programs to choose from and I forgot to uncheck 'always use this program for this type of file'.

In summation I am unable to view any of these ex-mac files and I cannot download and use PhotoShop (as someone suggested to me) since my PC does not have min. requirements to run it (Maybe a very old version would). :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:16 PM

Xnview will read .ct files.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rons

rons
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:08 PM

I transfered the files to a new pc running xp using Transmac and I downloaded JASC Paint Shop Pro and I can now view any .ct files. Now the problem is I have another folder with a bunch of files ending with .qxd which my research told me is Quark Express picture files. Is there any other program that can open Quark Express files created in 1996 besides Quark Exp.? :thumbsup:

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:57 AM

Hi Rons & welcome to Bleeping Computer.

A google search turned up this item on converting the .qxd filetype to .pdf
using ACROBAT.

Converting Quark .qxd to .pdf

HTH

regards,
Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 rons

rons
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:10 PM

I want to eventually upload these picture files to a website. I cannot use .PDF files in this case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users