Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! I'm an idiot!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 micha

micha

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hya,

Who can help me?
My girlfriend got her brand new laptop. And I couldn't wait tot see it. So we quickly unrapped the thing, and :inlove: wow absolutly :flowers: stunning. Dell inspiron9300!
Now she wanted it to connect to the broadband connection, so I :trumpet: quickly plugged the lead into the usb port and .... :thumbsup: rrrrrrrrrrrrr. forgot to install the freeserve cd rom.
Now how can help me to solve this problem because it seems that it won,t read the cd rom anymore, we tried to browse the installation cd from freeserve but in doesn't respond, nothing happens.
Help we are :cool: desparate.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

Try clicking on start/settings/network and dialup connections and then on make a new connection.

Proprietary software is not usually necessary to use IE or Firefox to access the internet.

You may need to call your ISP to give you the proper settings for your broadband connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users