Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Firewall Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 n_nikers

n_nikers

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:14 AM

which one is better? COMODO firewall free or ZONE ALARM firewall?

right now, i have Comodo.

but the problem is, as i can remember when i installed it, i have chosen the option that I will manually accept or block the processes.
and it has become a problem for me sometimes...clicking and clicking

how can i change that setting?

i'm thinking of reinstalling it....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:04 AM

I also use Comodo and right now with this weekends update to v3.0.19.318 I have Network Defence and ProActive Defence set on train with safe mode and very rarely get any popups at all. If however you mean you have chosen a custom install rather than the regular install I think you should perhaps visit the very friendly and helpful folks at the Comodo Forums on the link supplied. If you have chosen a custom rather than general install I recommend you do a clean uninstall and then reinstall the latest version mentioned above. Unless you are very experienced on PC's install the regular version set the Firewall and Defence+ to train with safe mode and leave it that way.

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php

I have had Comodo Firewall Pro on my machine now since version 2 and although version 3 looks complicated it isn't really and in my opinion is the most complete free firewall on the go. I for one highly recommend Comodo.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:25 AM

The reason why this update of the COMODO Firewall didn't cause many pop-ups is because unlike the other updates, this one kept all personal settings and the settings for which programs are allowed to access the internet etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users