Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop Is Infected With Cryp Tap And Adware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Tray1990

Tray1990

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

Several weeks ago my laptop began to run very slow and Micro Trend PC-cillin alerted me that i had a virus, Cryp Tap, it said that there were 9 viruses of the same name, every once in a while it would go down to 8, but the immediately go back to 9, I searched the internet for a way to fix the problem and I came across this website. Up to now I've been on the virus forum, [topic="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic134387-15.html"]http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic134387-15.html[/topic]
First I was told to do was install spyware terminater by another user, after running this my computer ran a lot faster like it used to, but i still recieved the PC-cillin alert that I had the Cryp Tap virus. After this a moderator, Orange Blossom, began to help me, he suggested that I install super antispyware and post the results, which I did. Afterwards he gave me another link in bleeping computer to download Vundo Fix and VirtumundoBegone, but when the save file window appeared, "save file" never became highlighted and I was unable to install either program. After that the moderator suggested i post a topic in this forum and he gave me i guide on how to do so. So I downloaded Ad-Aware (the results for Ad-Aware are in the previous topic) and spybot search and destroy as instructed, search and destroy doesn't find any problems any more, but Ad-Aware always finds about 27 track cookies, as I said before I used Micro Trend PC-cillin to scan for viruses, cryp tap used to appear when I search, but it no longer does, and when it did appear I was unable to remove it. PC-cillin now doesn't find any problems when I do a full scan, but it still gives me a window that says I'm infected, now with several different viruses/adware (Adware InternetOptimizer, Adware 180Solutions, Cryp Tap, and Cryp Tap-2) So far since I installed Sygate Firewall the PC-cillin alert box hasn't appeared, but Sygate has warned me of TMOagent (I think) several times. So this is where I am now, I just installed HijackThis and while it was running I recieved this message:

An unexpected arror has occured at procedure:GetFileFromShortCut(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Network Assistant.Ink)
Error #75 - Path\File access error
Window version: Windows NT 5.0.1.2600
MSIE version:6.0.2900.2180
HijackThis version: 2.0.2

After the error message the search finished and these were the results I recieved:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:48:53 PM, on 3/16/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\hnm_svc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\sp_rsser.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\pccguide.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorShield.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\ezi_hnm2.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Loader\aolload.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
c:\program files\common files\installshield\updateservice\isuspm.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\agent.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=0061208
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1CB20BF0-BBAE-40A7-93F4-6435FF3D0411} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\Toolbar\ctbr.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1CB20BF0-BBAE-40A7-93F4-6435FF3D0411} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\Toolbar\ctbr.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.1121.2472\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll
O2 - BHO: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - {F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Crawler Toolbar - {4B3803EA-5230-4DC3-A7FC-33638F3D3542} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\Toolbar\ctbr.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - {F0D4B239-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellHelp] C:\Dell\DellHelp\DellHelp.exe /c
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX5000 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVA.EXE /FU "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\E_S3EC.tmp" /EF "HKLM"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareTerminator] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorShield.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ModemOnHold] C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Dell Network Assistant.lnk
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: Crawler Search - tbr:iemenu
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: tbr - {4D25FB7A-8902-4291-960E-9ADA051CFBBF} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\Toolbar\ctbr.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ssqrssr - ssqrssr.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Advanced Networking Service (hnmsvc) - SingleClick Systems - C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\hnm_svc.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Spyware Terminator Realtime Shield Service (sp_rssrv) - Crawler.com - C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\sp_rsser.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless SSO Service (WLANKEEPER) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe

--
End of file - 11271 bytes

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Tray1990

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:51 PM

Hello Tray1990,

We will run ComboFix.

You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

You need to disable your Trend Micro Antivirus, SuperAntiSpwyare, Spyware Terminator and Spybot Teatimer before running ComboFix, as they will prevent it from running.

To disable Trend Micro AntiVirus from the system tray menu
1. Close the Trend Micro AntiVirus main console if it is open.
2. Right-click the Trend Micro AntiVirus icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
3. Click Exit from the menu.
4. Click Yes when the confirmation message appears.
The Trend Micro AntiVirus icon will disappear. Windows may display a popup message saying "Your computer might be at risk. Trend Micro AntiVirus - Virus Protection is turned off".
5. To turn on Trend Micro AntiVirus again, do either of the following:
Click Start > Programs or All Programs > Trend Micro Anti Virus 2007 > Trend Micro Anti Virus 2007.
Double-click the Trend Micro AntiVirus icon on your Desktop.

To disable Spybot's Teatimer:
Run Spybot-S&D
Go to the Mode menu, and make sure "Advanced Mode" is selected
On the left hand side, choose Tools -> Resident
Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any prompts

Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

To work properly, you must install ComboFix on the Desktop. <== IMPORTANT

Be sure to install the Windows XP Recovery Console in case you have not installed it yet. <== IMPORTANT
You DO NOT need to have the Windows CD to install Recovery Console!

When Recovery Console installs, ComboFix will give you a log like this:

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

We need Recovery Console because malware damages a lot and causes an instable system - and because of that, it may happen that your computer won't be able to boot anymore. With the Recovery Console installed, there are extra options present to repair whatever malware damaged.
Also, even though you're not infected, the presence of the Recovery Console is a useful feature in case a computer won't boot anymore because of several other reasons. Read here what you can do with the Recovery Console.

Extra note: After you have installed the Recovery Console - if you reboot your computer, right after reboot, you'll see the option for the Recovery Console now as well.
Don't select to run the Recovery Console as we don't need it.
By default, your main OS is selected there. The screen stays for 2 seconds and then it proceeds to load Windows.

Post the ComboFix log.

Edited by SifuMike, 29 March 2008 - 10:58 PM.

If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 Tray1990

Tray1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

I was following the combofix guide and on the step were I'm supposed to put the system restore icon into the combofix icon the two do not combine and the computer asks if I want to run combofix, is that what it is supposed to do?

#4 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:29 AM

I'm supposed to put the system restore icon into the combofix icon the two do not combine and the computer asks if I want to run combofix, is that what it is supposed to do?

Yes, ComboFix will give you a log like this when the Recover Console installs.:

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

After that you can run ComboFix and post the log it produces.
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 Tray1990

Tray1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:35 PM

ComboFix 08-03-30.4 - Tray 2008-04-01 20:22:10.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.501 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Tray\Desktop\ComboFix.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\BMcbcae5d0.xml
C:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini
C:\WINDOWS\pskt.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vnkpeets.ini

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-03-02 to 2008-04-02 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-03-29 15:58 . 2008-03-29 15:58 0 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\iPlayer.INI
2008-03-29 11:48 . 2008-03-29 11:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\InterActual
2008-03-16 01:06 . 2008-04-01 20:30 2,017,312 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.dat
2008-03-16 01:06 . 2008-04-01 20:30 5,780 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.idx
2008-03-16 01:01 . 2008-03-16 01:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB
2008-03-16 00:49 . 2008-03-16 00:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MailFrontier
2008-03-16 00:49 . 2007-11-14 16:05 75,248 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\zllsputility.exe
2008-03-16 00:49 . 2004-04-27 04:40 11,264 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SpOrder.dll
2008-03-16 00:49 . 2008-03-16 01:01 4,212 ---h----- C:\WINDOWS\system32\zllictbl.dat
2008-03-16 00:48 . 2008-03-16 00:48 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Zone Labs
2008-03-16 00:44 . 2008-04-01 20:21 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs
2008-03-12 22:40 . 2008-03-12 22:40 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Tray\Application Data\AdobeUM
2008-03-11 22:41 . 2008-03-11 23:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-03-11 22:41 . 2008-03-12 19:53 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-03-11 19:12 . 2008-03-31 21:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2008-03-06 19:12 . 2008-03-06 19:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2008-03-06 19:11 . 2008-03-31 17:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2008-03-06 19:11 . 2008-03-31 17:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Tray\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2008-03-03 22:43 . 2008-03-03 22:44 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Crawler
2008-03-03 22:42 . 2008-03-31 17:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator
2008-03-03 22:42 . 2008-03-31 17:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Tray\Application Data\Spyware Terminator
2008-03-03 22:42 . 2008-03-13 23:43 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spyware Terminator
2008-03-03 22:42 . 2008-03-03 22:42 138,752 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sp_rsdrv2.sys
2008-03-02 19:49 . 2008-03-03 19:04 1,303,217 ---hs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\qkpbkcsu.ini

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-04-02 01:14 --------- d---a-w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP
2008-03-17 00:43 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2008-03-02 23:35 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Google
2008-03-02 23:35 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\GemMaster
2007-11-22 21:45 774,144 ----a-w C:\Program Files\RngInterstitial.dll
2007-09-29 18:41 88 --sh--r C:\WINDOWS\system32\90166EBEE8.sys
2007-09-29 18:41 2,828 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA}]
2008-03-16 01:01 262144 --a------ C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
"{F0D4B239-DA4B-4DAF-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA}"= "C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL" [2008-03-16 01:01 262144]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{f0d4b239-da4b-4daf-81e4-dfee4931a4aa}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ModemOnHold"="C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exe" [2003-09-10 04:24 20480]
"OE_OEM"="C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe" [2006-08-04 18:15 321040]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-10 07:00 15360]
"MSMSGS"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2004-10-13 12:24 1694208]
"Aim6"="C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" [2007-10-04 11:20 50528]
"swg"="C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-08-06 15:02 68856]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ehTray"="C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-09-29 16:01 67584]
"igfxtray"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2005-12-13 11:44 98304]
"igfxhkcmd"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2005-12-13 11:41 77824]
"igfxpers"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2005-12-13 11:45 118784]
"SynTPEnh"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2006-03-08 20:48 761947]
"IntelZeroConfig"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe" [2006-05-01 11:28 667718]
"IntelWireless"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" [2006-05-01 11:28 602182]
"SigmatelSysTrayApp"="stsystra.exe" [2006-03-25 01:30 282624 C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe]
"Dell QuickSet"="C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe" [2006-08-03 20:51 1032192]
"pccguide.exe"="C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\pccguide.exe" [2006-11-21 16:02 1807960]
"dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2004-12-06 03:05 127035]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" [2004-07-27 18:50 221184]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2004-07-27 18:50 81920]
"PCMService"="C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe" [2006-08-22 17:32 184320]
"DellHelp"="C:\Dell\DellHelp\DellHelp.exe" [2004-04-01 17:51 1589248]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2006-12-08 08:11 98304]
"TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2008-01-29 16:25 185896]
"ZoneAlarm Client"="C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe" [2007-11-14 16:05 919016]
"SpywareTerminator"="C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorShield.exe" [2008-03-03 22:42 2957824]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-24 00:05:26 29696]
Dell Network Assistant.lnk - C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{0240BDFB-2995-4A3F-8C96-18D41282B716}\Icon0240BDFB3.exe [2006-12-08 08:04:12 7168]
Digital Line Detect.lnk - C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe [2006-12-08 08:00:16 24576]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"InstallVisualStyle"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles
"InstallTheme"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\ssqrssr]
ssqrssr.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\TrendAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\TrendFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\ZoneLabsFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Dell\\MediaDirect\\PCMService.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\Loader\\aolload.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Dell Network Assistant\\ezi_hnm2.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"10421:UDP"= 10421:UDP:SingleClick Discovery Protocol
"10426:UDP"= 10426:UDP:SingleClick ICC

R1 sp_rsdrv2;Spyware Terminator Driver 2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sp_rsdrv2.sys [2008-03-03 22:42]
R2 Viewpoint Manager Service;Viewpoint Manager Service;"C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe" [2007-01-04 17:38]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{361ac05d-0e0d-11da-9aa9-806d6172696f}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - E:\setup.exe

catchme 0.3.1344 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-04-01 21:14:19
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcrdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Loader\aolload.exe
Completion time: 2008-04-01 21:19:38 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-04-02 01:19:31
Pre-Run: 117,185,114,112 bytes free
Post-Run: 117,100,457,984 bytes free
2008-03-16 13:31:45 --- E O F ---

#6 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

Hi Tray1990,

Click Start, then Run and type Notepad and click OK.
Open notepad - don't use any other text editor than notepad or the script will fail.
Copy/paste the text in the code box below into notepad:

File:: 
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qkpbkcsu.ini

Registry:: 
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\ssqrssr]

Name the Notepad file CFScript.txt and Save it to your desktop.

IMPORTANT: The above script was written specifically for this infection on this person's computer. It is NOT to be used on another computer, as it may cause damage that could result in a format!

Then drag the CFScript into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

Posted Image

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a new HijackThis log.

Posted Image

#7 Tray1990

Tray1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

ComboFix 08-03-30.4 - Tray 2008-04-02 22:07:28.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.308 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Tray\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\Tray\Desktop\CFScript.txt
* Created a new restore point

FILE ::

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-03-03 to 2008-04-03 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-03-29 15:58 . 2008-03-29 15:58 0 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\iPlayer.INI
2008-03-29 11:48 . 2008-03-29 11:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\InterActual
2008-03-16 01:06 . 2008-04-01 20:30 2,017,312 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.dat
2008-03-16 01:06 . 2008-04-01 20:30 5,780 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.idx
2008-03-16 01:01 . 2008-03-16 01:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB
2008-03-16 00:49 . 2008-03-16 00:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MailFrontier
2008-03-16 00:49 . 2007-11-14 16:05 75,248 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\zllsputility.exe
2008-03-16 00:49 . 2004-04-27 04:40 11,264 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SpOrder.dll
2008-03-16 00:49 . 2008-03-16 01:01 4,212 ---h----- C:\WINDOWS\system32\zllictbl.dat
2008-03-16 00:48 . 2008-03-16 00:48 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Zone Labs
2008-03-16 00:44 . 2008-04-02 22:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs
2008-03-12 22:40 . 2008-03-12 22:40 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Tray\Application Data\AdobeUM
2008-03-11 22:41 . 2008-03-11 23:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-03-11 22:41 . 2008-03-12 19:53 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-03-11 19:12 . 2008-03-31 21:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2008-03-06 19:12 . 2008-03-06 19:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2008-03-06 19:11 . 2008-03-31 17:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2008-03-06 19:11 . 2008-03-31 17:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Tray\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2008-03-03 22:43 . 2008-03-03 22:44 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Crawler
2008-03-03 22:42 . 2008-03-31 17:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator
2008-03-03 22:42 . 2008-03-31 17:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Tray\Application Data\Spyware Terminator
2008-03-03 22:42 . 2008-03-13 23:43 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spyware Terminator
2008-03-03 22:42 . 2008-03-03 22:42 138,752 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sp_rsdrv2.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-04-02 01:14 --------- d---a-w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP
2008-03-31 18:21 2,959,360 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB1.tmp
2008-03-31 18:21 1,400,832 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB2.tmp
2008-03-17 00:43 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2008-03-02 23:35 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Google
2008-03-02 23:35 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\GemMaster
2007-11-22 21:45 774,144 ----a-w C:\Program Files\RngInterstitial.dll
2007-09-29 18:41 88 --sh--r C:\WINDOWS\system32\90166EBEE8.sys
2007-09-29 18:41 2,828 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA}]
2008-03-16 01:01 262144 --a------ C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
"{F0D4B239-DA4B-4DAF-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA}"= "C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL" [2008-03-16 01:01 262144]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"{F0D4B239-DA4B-4DAF-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA}"= C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL [2008-03-16 01:01 262144]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ModemOnHold"="C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exe" [2003-09-10 04:24 20480]
"OE_OEM"="C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe" [2006-08-04 18:15 321040]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-10 07:00 15360]
"MSMSGS"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2004-10-13 12:24 1694208]
"Aim6"="C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" [2007-10-04 11:20 50528]
"swg"="C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-08-06 15:02 68856]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ehTray"="C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-09-29 16:01 67584]
"igfxtray"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2005-12-13 11:44 98304]
"igfxhkcmd"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2005-12-13 11:41 77824]
"igfxpers"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2005-12-13 11:45 118784]
"SynTPEnh"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2006-03-08 20:48 761947]
"IntelZeroConfig"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe" [2006-05-01 11:28 667718]
"IntelWireless"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" [2006-05-01 11:28 602182]
"SigmatelSysTrayApp"="stsystra.exe" [2006-03-25 01:30 282624 C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe]
"Dell QuickSet"="C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe" [2006-08-03 20:51 1032192]
"pccguide.exe"="C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\pccguide.exe" [2006-11-21 16:02 1807960]
"dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2004-12-06 03:05 127035]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" [2004-07-27 18:50 221184]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2004-07-27 18:50 81920]
"PCMService"="C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe" [2006-08-22 17:32 184320]
"DellHelp"="C:\Dell\DellHelp\DellHelp.exe" [2004-04-01 17:51 1589248]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2006-12-08 08:11 98304]
"TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2008-01-29 16:25 185896]
"ZoneAlarm Client"="C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe" [2007-11-14 16:05 919016]
"SpywareTerminator"="C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorShield.exe" [2008-03-03 22:42 2957824]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-24 00:05:26 29696]
Dell Network Assistant.lnk - C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{0240BDFB-2995-4A3F-8C96-18D41282B716}\Icon0240BDFB3.exe [2006-12-08 08:04:12 7168]
Digital Line Detect.lnk - C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe [2006-12-08 08:00:16 24576]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"InstallVisualStyle"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles
"InstallTheme"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\TrendAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\TrendFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\ZoneLabsFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Dell\\MediaDirect\\PCMService.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\Loader\\aolload.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Dell Network Assistant\\ezi_hnm2.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"10421:UDP"= 10421:UDP:SingleClick Discovery Protocol
"10426:UDP"= 10426:UDP:SingleClick ICC

R1 sp_rsdrv2;Spyware Terminator Driver 2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sp_rsdrv2.sys [2008-03-03 22:42]
R2 Viewpoint Manager Service;Viewpoint Manager Service;"C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe" [2007-01-04 17:38]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{361ac05d-0e0d-11da-9aa9-806d6172696f}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - E:\setup.exe

catchme 0.3.1344 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-04-02 22:12:21
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2008-04-02 22:14:12
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-04-03 02:14:05
ComboFix2.txt 2008-04-02 01:19:39
Pre-Run: 137,057,501,184 bytes free
Post-Run: 137,054,724,096 bytes free
2008-03-16 13:31:45 --- E O F ---

#8 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

Hi Tray1990,

You forgot to post a new Hijackthis log. :thumbsup:

BTW, how is the computer running?

Posted Image

#9 Tray1990

Tray1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

Hey sorry about that I didn't read all the way through

Scan saved at 6:07:31 PM, on 4/3/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=0061208
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1CB20BF0-BBAE-40A7-93F4-6435FF3D0411} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\Toolbar\ctbr.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1CB20BF0-BBAE-40A7-93F4-6435FF3D0411} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\Toolbar\ctbr.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.1121.2472\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll
O2 - BHO: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - {F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Crawler Toolbar - {4B3803EA-5230-4DC3-A7FC-33638F3D3542} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\Toolbar\ctbr.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - {F0D4B239-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareTerminator] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorShield.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Dell Network Assistant.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: tbr - {4D25FB7A-8902-4291-960E-9ADA051CFBBF} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\Toolbar\ctbr.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Advanced Networking Service (hnmsvc) - SingleClick Systems - C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\hnm_svc.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Spyware Terminator Realtime Shield Service (sp_rssrv) - Crawler.com - C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\sp_rsser.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless SSO Service (WLANKEEPER) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe

--
End of file - 10140 bytes

My computer is running good, but I did get a PCCillin alert after running combofix for Freeloader Smitfraud

#10 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

Hi Tray1990,

I see Viewpoint installed.
Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad".

This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546

I suggest you remove the program now, if you did not install it.

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.

Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager
Viewpoint Media Player

If you uninstalled, please navigate to and delete the following folders
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:
  • Download the latest version of Sun Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5.
  • Scroll down to where it says "Sun Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6u5-windows-i586.exe and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
    Examples of older versions in Add or Remove Programs:
    Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u5-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

but I did get a PCCillin alert after running combofix for Freeloader Smitfraud

Not sure I understand you. You did not run combofox for Smitfraud. :thumbsup:
All antivirus programs and many registry protectors will complain about ComboFix, that is the reason they need to be disabled before running them.

Reboot and post a fresh Hijackthis log and tell me how your computer is running.

Edited by SifuMike, 03 April 2008 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Tray1990

Tray1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

hey I'm not sure how to reboot my computer
I think PCCillin may have turned itself back on after I restarted my computer

#12 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

hey I'm not sure how to reboot my computer
I think PCCillin may have turned itself back on after I restarted my computer

Restart is the same as reboot. :thumbsup: Start>Turn Off Computer>Restart

It is OK that PCCillin is back on. We had to turn it off before we ran ComboFix. Now that we have run ComboFix, you can turn it on.

Now post a fresh Hijackthis log and tell me how the computer is running.

Edited by SifuMike, 05 April 2008 - 11:02 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Tray1990

Tray1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:51 AM

Scan saved at 9:50:21 AM, on 4/6/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Dell Network Assistant.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

--
End of file - 10357 bytes

#14 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

Hi Tray1990,

Please tell me how the comuputer running.:thumbsup:

Posted Image

#15 Tray1990

Tray1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

It's running good, but in the past ten minutes i've recieved about 8 alerts from PCCillin about adware internet optimizer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users