Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Access Software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:48 AM

Top of the mornin' to ye! And Happy St. Patties Day! GREEN BEER!

Ok, I know that XP has Remote assist. And we used GoToMyPC for a few remote logins to people's computers. GoToMyAssist is something that we've been getting a lotta info on, but it's too expensive for only one IS Support Tech to use. SO Here's my dilemma. I've been given the task of finding a low-cost solution to this problem. I need a program that I will allow me to login to a remote person or a client's PC, with their permission of course, and do all the administrative and diagnostic tasks necessary to assist with the issues involved. Any thoughts? GoToMyPC isn't really made for remote assist...

P.S.I LOVE this forum!
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:52 PM

I use TZO Dynamic IP Forwarding and RealVNC to work on my kids computers form my work (fire station) . TZO is only $25/yr

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Flash8818

Flash8818

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:29 AM

Try http://www.rapidassist.com, they are like GoToMyPC, but cost much less.

Edited by Flash8818, 15 October 2005 - 02:29 AM.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:00 AM

Look at PC Anywhere
http://secure.logmein.com/dmcq/097/support.asp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users