Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help I Cant Download Any Antivirus Protection

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 plove79

plove79

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

To give insight this was my original post.........Hello,
I am a beginner as far as pc's....and appreciate any help provided
I have been unable to download any Antivirus software.......
I have tried to follow the Preparation Guide for use before posting a hijackthis log
I followed Steps 1-3 obviously..I couldnt follow step 4 because after I clicked on the Run open the Adware file downloaded...after the download of adware 2007 I selected run and it asks for language I selected English and then nothing happened.....then.. I got the error message...."Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"....after IE closes I try to reopen it and get the same error m essage then my desktop goes blank for a second only showing my background image..and all of my icons on my desktop disappear briefly before returning...and in order to get back to the web I have to restart my PC...before restarting pc makes an error sound a dialog box appears briefly says something to the affect of dwwin.lll or something sorry couldnt really catch it all and pc restarts...I tried to pick up on the second part of step 4 and download Spybot..after the download I get the same error message from my Ad Ware 2007 download...and IE closes again unable to open IE desktop goes blank again....have to restart pc which leads me to this very moment.......It seems that I am not going to be able to complete any of the neccessary steps to provide you guys with what you need to help my correct this problem I am having.....please advise of what I should do next....before posting here someone advised me to try Housecall..Step 5 and it just froze after an hour......I will try step 5 again if someone advises that I do so.....again thanks for all your help and please advise of next step for me....sorry forgot to mention in my Temp folder the following files will not delete when I empty the folder "WCESLog" and "IadHide3.dll".....any insight on these and if they are in fact a part of my problem

So after closing all of my IE browsers and what not I was able to open HJT which I had on my desktop and this is what it found please advise..........

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:40:18 PM, on 3/16/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\CacheBoost\cbsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wt\updater\wcmdmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Sprint\Sierra Wireless\Sprint PCS Connection Manager\SPCSUtilityService.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
C:\Program Files\CacheBoost\trayicon.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon\VSP\VerizonServicepoint.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Shadow\ShadowBar.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet v series\Bin\hpoant07.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\AiO\Shared\Bin\hpoevm07.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOSTS07.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOFXM07.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us7.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://wapp.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir....p;bm=ho_central
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;localhost
O2 - BHO: myBar BHO - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Verizon Broadband Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CB0-AB60BB9AAE22} - C:\PROGRA~1\VOL_TO~1\VOL_TO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.1.615.5858\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &SearchBar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Verizon Broadband Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CB0-AB60BB9AAE22} - C:\PROGRA~1\VOL_TO~1\VOL_TO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wcmdmgr] C:\WINDOWS\wt\updater\wcmdmgrl.exe -launch
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /keeploaded
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CacheBoost] C:\Program Files\CacheBoost\trayicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VerizonServicepoint.exe] "C:\Program Files\Verizon\VSP\VerizonServicepoint.exe" /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [od-matr35] c:\program files\Webdialer\od-matr35.exe -m
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIEW] rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Startup: Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center UI.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Shadow\ShadowBar.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet v series\Bin\hpoant07.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - https://activatemydsl.verizon.net/sdcCommon...DSL/tgctlcm.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/u...can_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecal...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
O16 - DPF: {56762DEC-6B0D-4AB4-A8AD-989993B5D08B} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://www.eset.eu/buxus/docs/OnlineScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1178609906218
O16 - DPF: {BB21F850-63F4-4EC9-BF9D-565BD30C9AE9} (a-squared Scanner) - http://ax.emsisoft.com/asquared.cab
O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\System32\reskfg.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: CacheBoost Performance Optimizer and Tuner Service (CacheBoost Service) - Systweak India - C:\Program Files\CacheBoost\cbsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.5.709.30344 (GoogleDesktopManager-093007-112848) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SPCSUtilityService - Sprint Spectrum, L.L.C - C:\Program Files\Sprint\Sierra Wireless\Sprint PCS Connection Manager\SPCSUtilityService.exe

--
End of file - 9652 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

Hi plove79 , nice to meet you again.
I will be handling your log and helping you to get cleaned up.

Please take note of the following:

1. Please do not make any system changes yet. as any changes you make may well alter your log.
2. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.
3. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
4. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Please give me some time to look over your log and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Starbuck

BBPP6nz.png

#3 plove79

plove79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

Hey Starbuck,

thanks a million for taking the time to help me out I cant stress how appreciative I am.....take your time.....you lead and I'll follow

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

Hi plove79

Step 1
I notice that you have Weatherbug installed on your computer – This is very much an ad-enabled application which in addition to providing current outdoor temperature information in the System Tray together with real-time weather alerts can also draw unwanted ads and popups to your computer.

Our recommendation would be to uninstall it using the Add or Remove Programs feature in Control Panel.

If you want a program which provides weather information there is an ad-free alternative to Weatherbug called WeatherWatcher which is available free from http://www.snapfiles.com/get/weatherwatcher.html.

Step 2
Make sure that you can see hidden files.
  • Click Start.
  • Click My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
  • Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known file types.
  • Click OK.
Step 3
Run Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these items.
O2 - BHO: myBar BHO - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &SearchBar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

Then close all other windows, browers etc--you should only see HijackThis on your Desktop--and click the Fix Checked button.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

Step 4
There's a file on your system i'd like you to check out for me please.

Please click this link-->Jotti

When the jotti page has finished loading, click the Browse button and navigate to the following file and click Submit.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\reskfg.dll

Please post back the results of the scan in your next post.

If Jotti is busy, try the same at Virustotal: http://www.virustotal.com/

Step 5
Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.

1. Close all applications and windows.
2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
3. When the scan is complete, it will create two text files - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized on your Taskbar.
4. Copy/paste both logs back here please (they will also be located at C:\Deckard\System Scanner).

Make sure you notice the extra.txt second log that will show as minimized on your Task Bar, "Maximize" that and be sure to paste those contents here as well.

Inyour next reply, please submit:
Jotti report
DSS scan results... both sets

Thanks.

BBPP6nz.png

#5 plove79

plove79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

Good morning Starbuck

Tried to unistall Weatherbug and get an error message says, Weatherbug unistall has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience, any thoughts?

About to attempt the other steps will post back shortly, thanks again for helping

#6 plove79

plove79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

Im pulling out my hair!!!

I have tried to follow every step above to perfection as I stated above when I tried to unistall
Weatherbug it wouldnt allow me to said what I put in the previous reply

Step 2.
Followed and completed

Step 3
Ran Hijackthis and restarted pc successfully

Step 4
Tried Jotti and same thing with virustotal.... couldnt find the file C:\WINDOWS\System32\reskfg.dll did a search on all files and folders on my pc under Start --> Search etc.......and still couldnt find the file, so I couldnt post the results from Step 4

Step 5
Downloaded Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to my desktop...closed all running programs and application clicked on The DSS icon on my desktop........it ran its test and then it disappeared.....pc made a beeping sound........waited to see if something would popup but nothing did........I double clicked on the DSS icon on my desktop again then all my icons on my desktop disappeared for a second and came back but it didnt open........restarted pc to try it again this time the scanned worked and here are the results, this is very strange any idea why that happened????

Main.txt

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by Owner on 2008-03-21 13:43:34
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
51: 2008-03-21 17:15:53 UTC - RP679 - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point
50: 2008-03-17 11:47:31 UTC - RP678 - System Checkpoint
49: 2008-03-15 07:57:31 UTC - RP677 - System Checkpoint
48: 2008-03-14 07:18:28 UTC - RP676 - System Checkpoint
47: 2008-03-13 01:54:19 UTC - RP675 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

-- First Restore Point --
1: 2007-12-24 23:13:59 UTC - RP629 - System Checkpoint

Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

-- HijackThis (run as Owner.exe) -----------------------------------------------

Scan saved at 1:44:36 PM, on 3/21/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Sprint\Sierra Wireless\Sprint PCS Connection Manager\SPCSUtilityService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\HIJACK~1\Owner.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us7.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us7.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://wapp.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir....p;bm=ho_central
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Verizon Broadband Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CB0-AB60BB9AAE22} - C:\PROGRA~1\VOL_TO~1\VOL_TO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.1.615.5858\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Verizon Broadband Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CB0-AB60BB9AAE22} - C:\PROGRA~1\VOL_TO~1\VOL_TO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VerizonServicepoint.exe] "C:\Program Files\Verizon\VSP\VerizonServicepoint.exe" /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Startup: Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center UI.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Shadow\ShadowBar.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet v series\Bin\hpoant07.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - https://activatemydsl.verizon.net/sdcCommon...DSL/tgctlcm.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/u...can_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecal...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
O16 - DPF: {56762DEC-6B0D-4AB4-A8AD-989993B5D08B} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://www.eset.eu/buxus/docs/OnlineScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1178609906218
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftu...b?1205895858718
O16 - DPF: {BB21F850-63F4-4EC9-BF9D-565BD30C9AE9} (a-squared Scanner) - http://ax.emsisoft.com/asquared.cab
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: CacheBoost Performance Optimizer and Tuner Service (CacheBoost Service) - Systweak India - C:\Program Files\CacheBoost\cbsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.5.709.30344 (GoogleDesktopManager-093007-112848) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SPCSUtilityService - Sprint Spectrum, L.L.C - C:\Program Files\Sprint\Sierra Wireless\Sprint PCS Connection Manager\SPCSUtilityService.exe

--
End of file - 9566 bytes

-- HijackThis Fixed Entries (C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\HIJACK~1\backups\) -----------

backup-20080321-124200-118 O2 - BHO: myBar BHO - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - (no file)
backup-20080321-124200-379 O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
backup-20080321-124200-599 O3 - Toolbar: &SearchBar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL (file missing)
backup-20080321-124200-774 O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)

-- File Associations -----------------------------------------------------------

All associations okay.

-- Drivers: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled ---------------------

R0 drvmcdb - c:\windows\system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys <Not Verified; VERITAS Software, Inc.; >
R3 pfc (Padus ASPI Shell) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\pfc.sys <Not Verified; Padus, Inc.; Padus® ASPI Shell>

S3 SDTHOOK - c:\windows\system32\drivers\sdthook.sys <Not Verified; Panda Software; Panda® Antivirus>
S3 wanatw (WAN Miniport (ATW)) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\wanatw4.sys (file missing)

-- Services: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled --------------------

R2 Apple Mobile Device - "c:\program files\common files\apple\mobile device support\bin\applemobiledeviceservice.exe" <Not Verified; Apple, Inc.; Apple Mobile Device Service>
R2 Bonjour Service - "c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsresponder.exe" <Not Verified; Apple Inc.; Bonjour>
R2 CacheBoost Service (CacheBoost Performance Optimizer and Tuner Service) - c:\program files\cacheboost\cbsrv.exe <Not Verified; Systweak India; Systweak CacheBoost>
R2 SPCSUtilityService - "c:\program files\sprint\sierra wireless\sprint pcs connection manager\spcsutilityservice.exe" <Not Verified; Sprint Spectrum, L.L.C; Sprint PCS Connection Manager>

-- Device Manager: Disabled ----------------------------------------------------

No disabled devices found.

-- Scheduled Tasks -------------------------------------------------------------

2008-03-21 13:45:00 412 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job
2008-03-07 19:29:44 408 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Norton Security Scan.job
2008-03-01 05:51:03 284 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job

-- Files created between 2008-02-21 and 2008-03-21 -----------------------------

2008-03-16 17:39:51 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2008-03-15 23:20:41 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab
2008-03-15 23:20:39 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab
2008-03-15 10:32:30 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner
2008-03-12 22:06:06 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Talkback
2008-03-12 22:05:32 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla
2008-03-11 23:25:50 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.housecall6.6
2008-03-11 23:25:04 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun
2008-03-11 01:40:19 664 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d9caps.dat
2008-03-09 03:37:00 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\BDOSCAN8
2008-03-09 00:50:09 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\.housecall6.6
2008-03-09 00:43:10 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Network Associates
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\WINDOWS
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Templates
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 dra------ C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 drah----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 drah----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Recent
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\PrintHood
2008-03-08 23:39:53 1048576 --ah----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NetHood
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 dra------ C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 dra------ C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d--hs---- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 drah----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\VERITAS
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Share-to-Web Upload Folder
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\SampleView
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Macromedia
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\InterTrust
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Identities
2008-03-08 23:39:53 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe
2008-03-08 14:14:27 44928 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SDTHOOK.SYS <Not Verified; Panda Software; Panda® Antivirus>
2008-03-08 01:40:27 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-03-07 04:32:24 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Sony Corporation
2008-03-07 04:23:21 3654 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Sonyhcp.dll
2008-03-07 04:23:21 0 d-------- C:\Drivers
2008-03-07 04:20:34 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Sony
2008-03-07 02:53:25 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\FLV Player
2008-03-07 02:50:12 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\network diagnostic
2008-03-01 20:43:00 0 dr-h----- C:\$VAULT$.AVG
2008-03-01 18:51:40 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\AVG7
2008-03-01 18:51:30 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\AVG7
2008-03-01 18:51:06 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg7
2008-03-01 05:56:12 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\iPod
2008-03-01 05:55:56 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\iTunes
2008-03-01 05:53:56 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Bonjour
2008-03-01 05:52:43 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2008-03-01 05:50:54 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2008-03-01 05:50:24 0 d------c- C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE
2008-03-01 05:50:02 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
2008-03-01 05:50:01 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple
2008-03-01 05:31:47 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Verizon
2008-03-01 05:31:43 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Verizon
2008-03-01 05:31:37 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\bin
2008-03-01 05:31:28 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\vol_toolbar
2008-03-01 05:31:28 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\vol_toolbar
2008-03-01 05:25:42 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Verizon

-- Find3M Report ---------------------------------------------------------------

2008-03-20 23:36:51 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\LimeWire
2008-03-20 19:15:56 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker
2008-03-15 18:26:08 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\LimeWire
2008-03-11 00:30:01 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-03-09 05:36:58 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Norton Security Scan
2008-03-08 14:47:43 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync
2008-03-08 14:42:22 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Google
2008-03-08 14:39:22 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\CacheBoost
2008-03-08 01:40:27 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2008-03-07 04:23:20 0 d--h----- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2008-03-07 02:53:31 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Adobe
2008-03-06 04:20:12 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\DivX
2008-03-01 05:34:31 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\SupportSoft
2008-02-24 16:52:01 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\support.com
2008-02-20 22:05:44 3596288 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\qt-dx331.dll
2008-02-20 22:04:16 196608 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dtu100.dll <Not Verified; DivX, Inc.; DivX, Inc. dtu100>
2008-02-20 22:04:16 81920 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dpl100.dll <Not Verified; DivX, Inc.; DivX, Inc. dpl100>
2008-02-20 22:04:04 802816 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\divx_xx11.dll <Not Verified; DivX, Inc.; DivX?>
2008-02-20 22:04:04 823296 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\divx_xx0c.dll <Not Verified; DivX, Inc.; DivX®>
2008-02-20 22:04:04 823296 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\divx_xx07.dll <Not Verified; DivX, Inc.; DivX®>
2008-02-20 22:04:04 682496 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\DivX.dll <Not Verified; DivX, Inc.; DivX®>
2008-02-20 22:03:24 12288 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\DivXWMPExtType.dll
2008-02-11 09:39:26 253952 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\OnlineScannerDLLA.dll <Not Verified; ; OnlineScanner Dynamic Link Library>
2008-02-11 09:39:18 237568 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\OnlineScannerDLLW.dll <Not Verified; ; OnlineScanner Dynamic Link Library>
2008-02-08 21:44:50 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Google
2008-02-08 20:30:40 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless
2008-02-08 20:29:54 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Sprint
2008-02-08 13:53:46 110592 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\OnlineScannerLang.dll <Not Verified; ; OnlineScanner Language Library>
2008-02-05 08:48:04 77824 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\OnlineScannerUninstaller.exe <Not Verified; ; OnlineScannerUninstaller>
2008-01-09 15:01:48 53248 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe

-- Registry Dump ---------------------------------------------------------------

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CB0-AB60BB9AAE22}]
05/25/2007 09:15 AM 1904128 --a------ C:\PROGRA~1\VOL_TO~1\VOL_TO~1.DLL

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"{4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CB0-AB60BB9AAE22}"= C:\PROGRA~1\VOL_TO~1\VOL_TO~1.DLL [05/25/2007 09:15 AM 1904128]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CB0-AB60BB9AAE22}]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\vol_toolbar.VOL_TOOLBAR]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"wcmdmgr"="C:\WINDOWS\wt\updater\wcmdmgrl.exe" [03/12/2004 04:53 PM]
"StorageGuard"="C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" [06/18/2002 12:01 PM]
"Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon"="c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe" [04/17/2002 09:42 PM]
"Recguard"="C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" [09/14/2002 01:42 AM]
"PS2"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe" [06/14/2002 08:39 PM]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [10/01/2002 03:39 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwiz.exe]
"hpsysdrv"="c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe" [05/07/1998 08:04 PM]
"HotKeysCmds"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe" [09/09/2002 11:05 AM]
"CamMonitor"="c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe" [06/18/2002 03:11 AM]
"CacheBoost"="C:\Program Files\CacheBoost\trayicon.exe" [06/24/2003 08:55 PM]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe" [07/12/2007 04:00 AM]
"Google Desktop Search"="C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" [11/03/2007 05:02 PM]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [05/11/2007 03:06 AM]
"TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [04/14/2003 03:51 PM]
"VerizonServicepoint.exe"="C:\Program Files\Verizon\VSP\VerizonServicepoint.exe" [05/11/2007 04:20 PM]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [02/01/2008 12:13 AM]
"iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [02/19/2008 02:10 PM]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Yahoo! Pager"="C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" []
"Weather"="C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe" [10/26/2002 07:59 AM]
"od-matr35"="c:\program files\Webdialer\od-matr35.exe" []
"MSMSGS"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [10/13/2004 12:24 PM]
"NVIEW"="nview.dll,nViewLoadHook" []
"H/PC Connection Agent"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe" [11/13/2006 01:39 PM]
"swg"="C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [11/03/2007 05:01 PM]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [08/04/2004 03:56 AM]

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool.lnk - C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe [3/7/2008 4:20:51 AM]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Google Updater.lnk - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe [11/3/2007 5:01:33 PM]
hp center UI.lnk - C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Shadow\ShadowBar.exe [10/28/2002 3:30:03 PM]
hp center.lnk - C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe [10/28/2002 3:30:03 PM]
HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnk - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet v series\Bin\hpoant07.exe [4/25/2002 7:43:32 PM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
@=

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"appinit_dlls"=C:\WINDOWS\System32\reskfg.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\vds]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{533C5B84-EC70-11D2-9505-00C04F79DEAF}]
@="Volume shadow copy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^hp center.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\hp center.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\hp center.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AutoTBar]
C:\hp\bin\autotbar.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\BlockTracker]
c:\hp\bin\BlockTracker.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\KBD]
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\msbb]
c:\windows\system32\msbb.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\NvCplDaemon]
RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\NVIEW]
rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SAHAgent]
C:\WINDOWS\System32\SahAgent.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TkBellExe]
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\WT GameChannel]
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\wzmrqbcn]
C:\WINDOWS\wzmrqbcn.exe

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-03-21 13:45:33 ------------

extra.txt
Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (build 2600) SP 2.0
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: AMD Athlon™ XP 2400+
Percentage of Memory in Use: 45%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 511.48 MiB / 277.79 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 1249.36 MiB / 1055.35 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1926.42 MiB

A: is Removable (No Media)
C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 69.24 GiB total, 43.75 GiB free.
D: is Fixed (FAT32) - 5.27 GiB total, 0.91 GiB free.
E: is CDROM (No Media)
F: is CDROM (No Media)

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - WDC WD800AB-22CBA1 - 74.53 GiB - 2 partitions
\PARTITION0 - Unknown - 5.28 GiB - D:
\PARTITION1 (bootable) - Installable File System - 69.24 GiB - C:

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.
Windows Internal Firewall is enabled.

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync RAPI Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Connection Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Application"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\hp center\\137903\\Program\\BackWeb-137903.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\hp center\\137903\\Program\\BackWeb-137903.exe:*:Disabled:BackWeb-137903"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync RAPI Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Connection Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Application"
"C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe:*:Enabled:Bonjour"
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:Enabled:iTunes"
"C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe:*:Enabled:LimeWire"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mmc.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mmc.exe:*:Enabled:Microsoft Management Console"
"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe:*:Enabled:Internet Explorer"

-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data
CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
CLIENTNAME=Console
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=YOUR-6JNHHU0520
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\Owner
LOGONSERVER=\\YOUR-6JNHHU0520
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Python22;C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor\services;C:\Program Files\Sonic\MyDVD;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1, AuthenticAMD
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0801
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
QTJAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=YOUR-6JNHHU0520
USERNAME=Owner
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner
windir=C:\WINDOWS

-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------

Owner (admin)
Administrator (admin)

-- Add/Remove Programs ---------------------------------------------------------

--> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\rnuninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
--> C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXConverterUninstall.exe /CONVERTER
--> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fC:\WINDOWS\orun32.isu
--> C:\WINDOWS\System32\\MSIEXEC.EXE /x {09DA4F91-2A09-4232-AB8C-6BC740096DE3}
--> C:\WINDOWS\System32\\MSIEXEC.EXE /x {60E971B7-51A0-48CA-8687-C6B8F094A409}
--> c:\WINDOWS\System32\\MSIEXEC.EXE /x {8214CC02-6271-4DC8-B8DD-779933450264}
--> MsiExec.exe /X{48FCCE4F-9D37-41BA-92C1-17BF5CFAA347}
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{39DA87A1-0B26-4562-A70C-2A6147366E47}\Setup.exe"
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{8D5D99B8-DFA2-4018-ADE9-A6B83E655C65}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -L0x9anything
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{9F765BD0-B900-4EDE-A90B-61C8A9E95C42}\Setup.exe"
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{BAD59025-5B73-4E12-B789-0028C5A573C2}\Setup.exe"
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{22EB2FA7-1BA0-4FFB-972F-353EC6ABA9D5}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{28B97CAB-828F-49D8-A30A-675476F9BA92}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /cont -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{4E7DC12A-3597-4A94-9429-F6C6987361B1}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6813C983-427E-4511-8456-E98FCAA1A125}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{7DADB304-AF20-48C3-A780-4B4133A08817}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{9C423CF6-2DAA-4A37-94B8-59D7ECC7DB13}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{ACE66099-E18E-4037-83C8-9D182E5B9FA8}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{B34B6E67-FCDD-4E03-8742-B5701427FAFB}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{FA6CC4B4-7741-4F8D-8E81-15C4BAB9869B}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\PCHealth.inf
Adobe Acrobat 5.0 --> C:\WINDOWS\ISUNINST.EXE -f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.dll"
Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX --> C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9c.exe -uninstallUnlock
Adobe Reader 8.1.0 --> MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A81000000003}
Anatomy and Physiology Review --> C:\PROGRA~1\Delmar\APReview\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\Delmar\APReview\INSTALL.LOG
Apple Mobile Device Support --> MsiExec.exe /I{44734179-8A79-4DEE-BB08-73037F065543}
Apple Software Update --> MsiExec.exe /I{B74F042E-E1B9-4A5B-8D46-387BB172F0A4}
ArcSoft Software Suite --> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Software Suite\Uninst.isu"
AVG Anti-Rootkit Free --> C:\Program Files\GRISOFT\AVG Anti-Rootkit Free\Uninstall.exe
BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.0.1 --> MsiExec.exe /i{A178D0EF-B921-4B01-8ECA-17E03634AE10}
BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.0.1 --> MsiExec.exe /I{A178D0EF-B921-4B01-8ECA-17E03634AE10}
BlackBerry v4.1.0 for the 7290 Wireless Handheld --> MsiExec.exe /X{01CC6455-F801-44C5-8FE1-C9E4E50A3C76}
Bonjour --> MsiExec.exe /I{47BF1BD6-DCAC-468F-A0AD-E5DECC2211C3}
Dark Orbit --> "C:\Program Files\wildtangent\apps\gamechannel.exe" \removeitem {7841B68B-B7DD-408E-8B45-D5CA39608185}
Disney's Lilo and Stitch Pinball --> "C:\Program Files\wildtangent\apps\gamechannel.exe" \removeitem {63272979-21F0-48EF-9B97-A83DBC05BE39}
DivX Codec --> C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXCodecUninstall.exe /CODEC
DivX Content Uploader --> C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXContentUploaderUninstall.exe /CUPLOADER
DivX Converter --> C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXConverterUninstall.exe /CONVERTER
DivX Player --> C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXPlayerUninstall.exe /PLAYER
DivX Web Player --> C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXWebPlayerUninstall.exe /PLUGIN
easy Internet sign-up --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{2B5DDB2C-0807-47FD-9C11-80EA761902C0}\setup.exe" -l0x9
ESET Online Scanner --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\OnlineScannerUninstaller.exe
Exam Coach for Series 6 Version 2.1 --> "C:\Program Files\ExamCoachSec6\unins000.exe"
FLV Player 2.0, build 24 --> C:\Program Files\FLV Player\uninst.exe
Full Tilt Poker --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{D4C9692E-4EFA-4DA0-8B7F-9439466D9E31}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
Google Desktop --> C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopSetup.exe -uninstall
Google Earth --> MsiExec.exe /I{1E04F83B-2AB9-4301-9EF7-E86307F79C72}
Google Photos Screensaver --> MsiExec.exe /X{481E9852-DA0C-403B-ADA4-05D86C8BF9A9}
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer --> MsiExec.exe /I{DBEA1034-5882-4A88-8033-81C4EF0CFA29}
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer --> regsvr32 /u /s "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll"
Google Updater --> "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe" -uninstall
HijackThis 2.0.2 --> "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe" /uninstall
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399) --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB929399$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
hp center --> C:\WINDOWS\BWUnin-6.1.0.153.exe -AppId 137903
HP Digital Imaging Album Printing 1.0 --> MsiExec.exe /X{47D4AF7B-EDE6-4ADB-8D2F-0BDA25C7321F}
HP Instant Support --> C:\PROGRA~1\HPINST~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\HPINST~1\INSTALL.LOG
HP Memories Disc --> MsiExec.exe /X{6CAEFA23-0C08-4899-A661-29D69228AF6D}
hp officejet v series --> C:\WINDOWS\System32\hpocon09.exe /u 1043725440 /d "hp officejet v series"
HP Photo and Imaging 1.1 - Photosmart Cameras --> MsiExec.exe /X{1EEE2A9F-6471-42fa-8923-E8879168CE26}
hp toolkit --> c:\Windows\HPTK\unhptkit.exe
Inactive HP Printer Drivers (Remove only) --> RunDll32 hpuninst.dll,InstallHinfSection UninstDefault 132 prntunin.inf
Indeo® Software --> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\Ligos\Indeo\Uninst.isu"
Intel® 82845G Graphics Driver Software --> RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\ialmrem.dll,UninstallW2KIGfx PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562
InterActual Player --> C:\Program Files\InterActual\InterActual Player\inuninst.exe
InterVideo WinDVD 4 --> "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{98E8A2EF-4EAE-43B8-A172-74842B764777}\setup.exe" REMOVEALL
iTunes --> MsiExec.exe /I{80FD852F-5AAC-4129-B931-06AAFFA43138}
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 3 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150030}
Java™ 6 Update 2 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160020}
Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160010}
Kaspersky Online Scanner --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Online Scanner\kavuninstall.exe
KBD --> C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE uninstalled
Learn2 Player (Uninstall Only) --> C:\Program Files\Learn2.com\StRunner\stuninst.exe
Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice American English TTS Engine --> RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\tv_enua.inf, Uninstall
LimeWire 4.12.11 --> "C:\Program Files\LimeWire\uninstall.exe"
LiveReg (Symantec Corporation) --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\LiveReg\VcSetup.exe /REMOVE
LiveUpdate 1.80 (Symantec Corporation) --> C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LSETUP.EXE /U
MarketBrowser --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{35845E72-E34A-11D4-817D-005004D0F1FA}\Setup.exe" -uninst
Microsoft ActiveSync --> MsiExec.exe /I{99052DB7-9592-4522-A558-5417BBAD48EE}
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallMSCompPackV1$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0 --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallWudf01000$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Mogul User Guide --> C:\Program Files\Mogul User Guide\Windows Mobile Device Handbook\Bin\DHUninstall.exe
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.7) --> C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe
MUSICMATCH Jukebox --> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\Uninst.isu" -cC:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\unmatch.dll
My Search Bar --> mshta res://C:\PROGRA~1\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\mybar.dll/101
Norton Security Scan --> MsiExec.exe /I{3A4FFB84-D070-4DA5-AB7B-D41D87FD8D19}
NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers --> rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvinstnt.dll,NvUninstallNT4 nvhp.inf
PC-Doctor for Windows --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{1F7CCFA3-D926-4882-B2A5-A0217ED25597}\Setup.exe"
PhotoParade Player --> "C:\Program Files\PhotoParade\Uninstall PhotoParade Player.exe" "Uninstall PhotoParade Player.exe"
Picasa 2 --> "C:\Program Files\Picasa2\Uninstall.exe"
PigPen --> "C:\Program Files\wildtangent\apps\gamechannel.exe" \removeitem {BC0EE7F1-32DE-4EE2-BE10-AE15DB394E84}
PS2 --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe uninstall
Python 2.2 combined Win32 extensions --> C:\Python22\Lib\SITE-P~1\UNWISE~1.EXE C:\Python22\Lib\SITE-P~1\w32inst.log
Python 2.2.1 --> C:\Python22\UNWISE.EXE C:\Python22\INSTALL.LOG
Quicken 2003 New User Edition --> C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\7\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe /M{F61F2821-694C-475F-99AB-6AF2EFDF40FD} anything
QuickTime --> MsiExec.exe /I{BFD96B89-B769-4CD6-B11E-E79FFD46F067}
RealOne Player --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\rnuninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
RecordNow --> MsiExec.exe /I{8214CC02-6271-4DC8-B8DD-779933450264}
RecordNow Update Manager --> MsiExec.exe /I{09DA4F91-2A09-4232-AB8C-6BC740096DE3}
RingMaster from Hewlett-Packard Desktops (remove only) --> "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\8c9c48d7-2d03-4a1f-a303-5bd22ccabae1\Uninstall.exe"
S3Display --> s3uninst.exe -reg 5 'HKLM\Software\S3\S3Uninst\S3Display'
S3Gamma2 --> s3uninst.exe -reg 5 'HKLM\Software\S3\S3Uninst\S3Gamma2'
S3Info2 --> s3uninst.exe -reg 5 'HKLM\Software\S3\S3Uninst\S3Info2'
S3Overlay --> s3uninst.exe -reg 5 'HKLM\Software\S3\S3Uninst\S3Overlay'
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458) --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB898458$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723) --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB923723$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
ShowBiz --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{07295ABF-1245-415A-BE06-863271753443}\Setup.exe" -l0x9
Simple Backup for My Pictures --> MsiExec.exe /I{60E971B7-51A0-48CA-8687-C6B8F094A409}
Simple Installer - Multilanguage Version --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{EEF397AC-DAEF-4C04-90A9-5B2BD31875DC}\setup.exe"
Snowboard Extreme --> "C:\Program Files\wildtangent\apps\gamechannel.exe" \removeitem {753FE96B-D926-4B6C-BCFB-CC59153D004A}
Sony Picture Utility --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{D5068583-D569-468B-9755-5FBF5848F46F}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /removeonly uninstall -removeonly
Sony USB Driver --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{5C29CB8B-AC1E-4114-8D68-9CD080140D4A}\setup.exe" -l0x9 UNINSTALL -removeonly
Space Rocks --> "C:\Program Files\wildtangent\apps\gamechannel.exe" \removeitem {9FA01E11-9015-4140-B10A-5C6AA949B2FC}
Sprint Mobile Broadband (Sierra) --> MsiExec.exe /I{6DCBB845-0FA4-4723-A40A-1F320C221C30}
Systweak CacheBoost Professional Edition (Registered Version) --> "C:\Program Files\CacheBoost\unins000.exe"
Verizon Broadband Toolbar --> C:\Program Files\vol_toolbar\uninstall.exe
Verizon Servicepoint 1.5.12 --> "C:\Program Files\Verizon\VSP\unins000.exe"
Viewpoint Media Player --> C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Experience Technology\mtsAxInstaller.exe /u
Virtual Warfare --> "C:\Program Files\wildtangent\apps\gamechannel.exe" \removeitem {4F0AE1FB-4082-4A27-8363-05D292D92FB0}
WeatherBug --> C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\REMOVE.EXE /S
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Sports Edition --> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fC:\PROGRA~1\BUENAV~1\WHOWAN~1\DeIsL1.isu
WildTangent GameChannel (remove only) --> "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\uninstallgamechannel.exe"
WildTangent Updater --> C:\WINDOWS\wt\updater\wcmdmgr.exe -uninstall wcmdmgr.exe
WildTangent Web Driver --> C:\WINDOWS\wt\updater\wcmdmgr.exe -uninstall wtwebdriver
Windows Media Format 11 runtime --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallWMFDist11$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
WordPerfect Productivity Pack --> c:\WINDOWS\Corel\Uninst32.exe
WordPerfect Productivity Pack --> C:\WINDOWS\Corel\uninst32.exe

-- Application Event Log -------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type885 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 01:33:45 PM
Event ID/Source: 1000 / Application Error
Event Description:
Faulting application remove.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module nview.dll, version 6.13.10.3190, fault address 0x00009ddf.
Processing media-specific event for [remove.exe!ws!]

Event Record #/Type884 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 01:33:10 PM
Event ID/Source: 1001 / Application Hang
Event Description:
Fault bucket 26421265.

Event Record #/Type883 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 01:33:06 PM
Event ID/Source: 1002 / Application Hang
Event Description:
Hanging application Weather.exe, version 4.1.0.2, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Event Record #/Type874 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 01:14:34 PM
Event Description:
Faulting application dss.exe, version 3.2.8.1, faulting module nview.dll, version 6.13.10.3190, fault address 0x00009ddf.
Processing media-specific event for [dss.exe!ws!]

Event Record #/Type873 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 01:14:18 PM
Event Description:
Faulting application dss.exe, version 3.2.8.1, faulting module nview.dll, version 6.13.10.3190, fault address 0x00009ddf.
Processing media-specific event for [dss.exe!ws!]

-- Security Event Log ----------------------------------------------------------

No Errors/Warnings found.

-- System Event Log ------------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type318654 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 04:32:47 AM
Event ID/Source: 4226 / Tcpip
Event Description:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Event Record #/Type318653 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 04:12:27 AM
Event ID/Source: 7 / Cdrom
Event Description:
The device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block.

Event Record #/Type318652 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 04:12:12 AM
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type318651 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 04:11:58 AM
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type318650 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/21/2008 04:11:47 AM
Event Description:

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-03-21 13:45:33 ------------

#7 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:47 PM

Hi plove79

Give me some time to go through the DSS report... it may throw up something.

Speak soon

BBPP6nz.png

#8 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

Hi plove79

in my Temp folder the following files will not delete when I empty the folder "WCESLog" and "IadHide3.dll"

These are nothing to worry about.

Tried to unistall Weatherbug and get an error message says, Weatherbug unistall has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience, any thoughts?

Did you close down 'Weatherbug' before trying to uninstall it? if not....
Right click the temperature icon in the right hand corner of your computer screen and click “EXIT WEATHERBUG”.
Then try to uninstall it from the Add/Remove.
If this doesn't work, let me know and we'll manually delete it.

Step 1
You had stopped some malware from running by using 'MSConfig'. We'll clean these entries out completely.

We need to backup the registry before we continue.
Registry edits can be potentially dangerous; we can revert to the backup if needed.
Go to Start ... Run ... type: regedit ... click OK.
  • On the leftside, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
  • Go up to File ... Export
    • Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
      Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
      Under "Filename" put RegBackup.
  • Choose to save it to C:\
  • Click save and then go to File.... click Exit.
Now:
Open Notepad and copy and paste the following quotebox into a new text document. (Don't forget to copy and paste the word REGEDIT4!)
REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\msbb]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SAHAgent]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\wzmrqbcn]
Save this as fix.reg Choose to save as all files and save it to your Desktop.
From the desktop, double-click on fix.reg and when it asks you if you want to merge the contents to the registry, click Yes/OK.

Step 2
Run Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these items.
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1 this may not be there if the uninstall worked.

Optional
These are not bad entries.... but they are not required to run at startup .. you can run them manually if required.
If your system seems slow... removing these entries may help to speed it up.

if you don't use multiple monitors:
This is a DLL to enable multiple display monitors on a single computer. It can be a cause of numerous problems on some computers

Then close all other windows, browers etc--you should only see HijackThis on your Desktop--and click the Fix Checked button.

Step 3
Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :

* Restart your computer
* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
You will need to use the 'keyboard arrow keys' to navigate on this menu.
* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
* Then choose your usual account.

Navigate to the following folders and files in bold .. right click on each in turn and select delete. (Don't worry if some of them are not there)

c:\Program Files\Webdialer
C:\WINDOWS\System32\reskfg.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\SahAgent.exe
c:\Windows\system32\msbb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wzmrqbcn.exe
and
c:\Program Files\AWS
if you managed to remove 'Weatherbug'

When finished reboot into normal mode.

Step 3
* Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:
  • Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
  • Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab
  • Click the "Delete Cookies" button
  • Next to it, Click the "Delete Files" button
  • When prompted, place a check in: "Delete all offline content", click OK
* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):
  • Go to Tools > Options.
  • Click Privacy in the menu on the left side of the Options window.
  • Click the Clear button located to the right of each option (History, Cookies, Cache).
  • Click OK to close the Options window
    Alternatively, you can clear all information stored while browsing by clicking Clear All.
    A confirmation dialog box will be shown before clearing the information.
* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin
  • Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok.
  • Let it scan your system for files to remove.
  • Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
  • Press OK to remove them.
Step 4
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This program will now start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
Once you have completed these steps, please try and download an Anti-Virus protector from one of these links:In your next reply, please submit:
Kaspersky Scan report
A new Hjt log.
let me know how the removal of 'Weatherbug' went and also the install of the AV.

Thanks

BBPP6nz.png

#9 plove79

plove79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

I closed weatherbug and terminated it in the bottom right window pane of my taskbar...still wasnt able to remove it got the same message as before......Followed Steps 1 and 2 successfully.........Step 3......went into safemode couldnt find any of those files so went back into normal mode.......then I noticed that Weatherbug didnt start as it normally does when my pc starts........so just out of curiosity tried to remove it from the control panel and it worked.......so I continued with step 3 and cleaned all the recommended folders then did the Kaspersky scan.........then luckily I was able to download AVG...(what a relief, =) ) then did another Hijackthis and here are the results........thanks a million so far.......didnt do a scan with AVG......please advise if should now or next step.........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:03:06 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 22/03/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 654890
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 93231
Number of viruses found: 2
Number of infected objects: 2
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 02:08:30

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\$_hpcst$.hpc Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Verizon\VSP\client_gateway.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Feeds Cache\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008032220080323\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\WCESLog.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\chandir.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\chandir.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\chn.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\chn.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\D0000000.FCS Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\inuse.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\L0000003.FCS Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\main.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs_die.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs_die.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs_dnd.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs_dnd.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs_ext.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs_ext.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs_rcv.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\prs_rcv.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\storydb.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Users\Default\Data\storydb.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\vol_toolbar\vol_toolbar.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.MegaSearch.p skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{6CD01810-EFB9-4AF0-A405-DE07EB8CD51D}\RP677\A0116643.DLL Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.MyWay.w skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{6CD01810-EFB9-4AF0-A405-DE07EB8CD51D}\RP679\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

Scan saved at 9:36:23 PM, on 3/22/2008

Running processes:
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgwb.dat
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftu...b?1205895858718
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe

--
End of file - 9331 bytes

#10 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:46 AM

Hi plove79

Nice to see that 'Weatherbug' has now gone and that you have been able to install an Anti-Virus.

didnt do a scan with AVG......please advise if should now or next step..

Feel free to run a scan, preferably in 'Safe Mode'.
Let me know if it finds anything and if there's anything it can't remove.

Before we continue, i'd like to try and get rid of this stubborn 018 line.
Let's try removing it in 'Safe Mode'.

Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :

* Restart your computer
* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
You will need to use the 'keyboard arrow keys' to navigate on this menu.
* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
* Then choose your usual account.

Run Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to this item.

Reboot your computer back into normal mode to complete the process.

Could you please send me a new Hjt log so i can see if it's now gone.

Thanks.

BBPP6nz.png

#11 plove79

plove79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

Hey Starbuck

I went into Safemode and ran HiJackThis on that 018.........also did a full scan with AVG........it didnt find any infections..not sure if thats a good thing or bad........rebooted in normal mode and ran Hijack again, heres the new log

Scan saved at 9:37:42 PM, on 3/23/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe

--
End of file - 9397 bytes

#12 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

Hi plove79

Thanks for trying the 'Safe Mode' removal.
Now we'll have to do it manually.

Step 1
We need to backup the registry before we continue.
Registry edits can be potentially dangerous; we can revert to the backup if needed.
  • On the leftside, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
  • Go up to File ... Export
    • Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
      Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
      Under "Filename" put RegBackup.
  • Choose to save it to C:\
  • Click save and then go to File.... click Exit.
Step 2
We are looking for 2 different registry entries here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Handler]
and
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Filter]

If you have never done this before:

Look at the left hand side... and click the + sign next to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
when this opens, look for:
SOFTWARE and click on the + sign again.
Now look down the list for:
Classes and do the same.
You may have to scroll down quite a way to find:
PROTOCOLS and do the same here:
Now click on Filter
you are looking for an entry named: text/html if it's there.... right click on the entry and select delete.
If you get a message asking if you want to confirm this.... click yes/ok

Now go back to the PROTOCOLS section and look for the next folder:
Handler open this by clicking on the + sign.
you are looking for an entry named: text/html if it's there.... right click on the entry and select delete.
If you get a message asking if you want to confirm this.... click yes/ok

When finished, close the pages down.

Now reboot the system and run another Hjt log, so that i can see if the line has gone.

Thanks.

BBPP6nz.png

#13 plove79

plove79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

Hey Starbuck

It appears to be gone but the weird thing is..I deleted the entry under Filter...but when I looked in the Handler one the text/html entry wasnt there, but anyway heres the log

Scan saved at 9:13:10 PM, on 3/25/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

--
End of file - 9250 bytes

#14 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hi plove79

Well done on completing that registry edit. :thumbsup:

I deleted the entry under Filter...but when I looked in the Handler one the text/html entry wasnt there

That's ok.
The entry would have been under one or the other ( or both) ... we couldn't be sure, that's why i got you to check both entries.

Now that has gone... i'll review the reports and get back to you.

How are things running now?

Thanks

Edited by Starbuck, 26 March 2008 - 06:15 PM.

BBPP6nz.png

#15 plove79

plove79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:51 PM

Hey Starbuck

Things are running ok, my biggest issue seems to be ressolved thanks to you, one thing I am noticing is that when I start my pc, in my opinion it takes a long time for my Icons to or should I say my desktop to load and when I click on Mozilla for the first time after startup it takes a very long time for the browser to open and with it does my homepage takes a while to load(looking at the status bar in the bottom right hand side of the browser window) but after the initial browser loads and the homepage comes up everything is great as far as surfing the net. Any thoughts on this?? Keep in mind I may be impatient and things are loading normal just seems like a long time to me, lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users