Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Os Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

For certain reasons, i cannot disclose what OS i was attempting to install. But I have HDD with all the OS files, but when i try to boot it up, all i get is a flashing -. I tried changing the boot flag to YES via Cute partition manager. Didnt help? Any other help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

We'll need a lot more information to start helping with this one.

Such as:
What system specs?
What make and model system?
What make and type hard drive?
What was flashing?
Was there any response from the BIOS?
Was there a POST screen?
Were there any beeps when it started to boot?
Where in the boot sequence did it lock up (but we'd have to know the OS in order to figure this out)?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

If these certain reasons are becuase its not a licensed copy you may want to read the Forum Rules

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences. If it is Please answer the questions and we will try and help as much as we can. :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

Its not an unlicensed copy.

and here goes the system specks

Asrock P4VM890 MB
80gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA
P4 HT 2.4ghz.
256mb PCI Nvidia FX5500
My computer booted up as normal. And i chose the HD with the OS i wanted on it.(I have 2 hdds, with two different OSes). And all that happend was a little flashing dash like this one -. That usually means the boot flag is set to NO..so i used Cute partition mananger to set it to yes. and it still dosent work. Hope that helps!

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

I'm just curious why the OP went to so much trouble to...create an issue.

...and this is supposed to be the Internal Hardware portion of this website...I'm still waiting to hear a hardware problem described.

Louis

#6 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

it could possibly be a hard drive. THey dont ahve an operating system choice. So i cant choose that.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:12 PM

OK.

You have 2 hard drives installed...you think 1 may be bad.

Big question...have you thought about running any diagnostics on either drive? That would tell you a lot more than I can.

Second big question...what is the boot loader you are set up to use?

Third question...any error messages of any sort?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users