Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Final Cut Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:52 PM

Hope this is in the right place. I'm trying to get some Mac help.

I've got some home videos on DVD recorded from an analog camcorder via DVR, and burned to DVD as an MPEG 2 video. (These are my backup DVD's).
I want to import them to a video editer on my Mac, and edit out the unwanted footage, add transition, text, etc. (My DVR won't do that)
iDVD won't import these videos.
Final Cut Express was recommended by a friend.

Does anyone have Final Cut Express? before I order the 15 day free trial, can someone tell me if it will import MPEG 2 video?
(The web site doesn't mention MPEG 2)

Or, does anyone know of a reasonably priced Mac based video editer that will import, edit, and render MPEG 2?

I'm running Mac OSX Tiger.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:44 PM

Nevermind, I'll let Windows handle this project. Less headaches. :flowers: