Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Keep Getting Virusesand Malware

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 brandon farmer

brandon farmer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:02 PM

I downloaded a file off the net and when i opened it it installed a patch in my computer and the virus Win 32.Backdoor.Agent and Win32.Trojanspy.Peed .I have run Malwarebytes and registry cleaners daily .My computer is still infected or the hacker still has controll of my computer .I keep getting different viruses like Win 32.Gpcode ,Win 32.Alcara.f and Win 32.Spybot..my norton 2008 has picked them up and deleted them but there must be a backdoor still open because i havent downloaded anything since i found the first virus.I'm in need of help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:16 PM

First we need to know your operating system and service pack please.

If the infections are reappearing, it is likely that a registry value is restoring them.

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:34 PM

When this kind of thing has happened to me in the past when I was trying to clean up a computer, I would physically disconnect from the internet and start using a clean computer to download installers and manual updates to and then burn to cd or transfer to a usb jump drive.

After installing an antimalware program and updating I would reboot to safe mode and scan from there, it might takes several scans with several programs

The malwarebyte's developer says running a scan from safe mode then regular mode might help

link to manually update definitions

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 brandon farmer

brandon farmer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:39 PM

I am using Xp Pro and have service pack 3 on my computer

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:55 PM

service pack 3

that's a beta and I would have been very careful about where I got it from

even the one from MS breaks computers
Chewy

#6 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:06 PM

Hi and welcom to this site :thumbsup:

with respect; surely if you have a back door trojan on there , for your computer and identity safety I would suggest you will need to reformat and reinstall your OS?

do you do any on line banking on this computer or anything involving passwords?

I guess you do P2P stuff on there ?

yu could try running these FREE programs

superantispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html
asquared
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/
its exe is
http://download6.emsisoft.com/a2FreeSetup.exe

you will need to download them, fully update the definitons, reboot into safe mode and run each on a FULL DEEP scan ; see what they identify?

also please read

http://www.nospysoftware.com/spyware-artic...oor-trojans.php

especially

One of the most common uses of Trojans is to access the accounts of a user. It can be a bank account, credit card account or an email account. All of them contain important information about your life and finances. And that is what a cracker is craving for. Before you know it, your credit card could be used for buying things at the other side of the world.

and plenty more of it on a google search FOR back door trojans

Edited by ruby1, 16 March 2008 - 01:10 PM.

#7 brandon farmer

brandon farmer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:16 PM

The service pack 3 came from microsoft...i havent had problems from the service pack ..its more of a registry problem ,i keep getting different viruses installed on my computer and its because i have a backdoor open ,i just dont kbnow how to close the ports thats letting them in and uninstalling the registry values that are allowing it...i used norton to find the registry values but there are over 5oo registry entries from 5 viruses ...and it would take me a week to find them all having to reset all those values and delete the exixting ones causing the problem.I just thought there might be an easier way ...but now im worried..

#8 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

one little registry key, a small file in prefetch and an internet connection and it starts all over again
Chewy

#9 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

please do the suggested scans and see what they report back BUT, a back door trojan IS that, and I suggest you will NOT get rid of it without a reformat and reinstall of your OS

HAVE you done any on line banking with this computer or any P2P stuff?

and yes you need TO be worried with all the muck that is most probably well accumulating on the computer infection -wise

Edited by ruby1, 16 March 2008 - 03:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users