Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sims 2 Drags When Playing.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 n0data

n0data

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

I installed the Sims 2 and some expansion packs on my PC for my sister. She's been complaining about how slow it is, and how much faster it is on our other computer. I started it up and right after it loads it just drags along. I've downloaded the patches and I've set the graphics settings as low as possible and still goes extremely slow. I don't think it's the computer, because it's more than powerful enough to run the game, though I don't know why the other computer runs it faster. Mine: XFX nVidia GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB Overclocked, Core 2 Duo E4500 overclocked, while the other computer: Pentium 4 processor, Palit nVidia FX5600. I'm starting to blame Vista on this one. And it's only this game that goes that slow, Warcraft, Flight Simulator X (on full graphics settings), and SWAT 4 run incredibly. How can i get this game to run on here without slowing down?

Thanks,
n0data

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users