Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan Control/heat Sensors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:29 AM

http://www.emachines.com/support/product_s...amp;model=W3609
Is the closest i can come to telling you the motherboard in it, I looked around and couldn't find out.
But anyway, like on Speedfan It doesn't show any fans, ambient temperature is always 0, the HDD and GPU temp read fine tho. The core temperature is always the exact same number as the GPU temperature and i'm pretty sure that's not right. I don't remember seeing anything about temperatures in BIOS either, going to check and edit in just a sec. So, is there something that needs plugged in that isn't or maybe i can never find out what's going on in there?

Tried to get everest to tell me what board I have but it can't figure it out either.

****EDIT*****
Okay, well BIOS has no trouble telling me CPU temp, internal temperature, or the CPU and rear fan speeds, so maybe i do just have something plugged in wrong?

Edited by smurfgod, 16 March 2008 - 08:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

Everest usually will mirror the temperatures and voltages seen in the BIOS. Another program you could download is SIW, it should be able to tell you what the motherboard is unless it is really obscure. Usually the CPU is the only device on the motherboard that is supplied with a thermal detector, some hdds have their own, and some GPUs will as well. Most other temperatures are guess work unless extra sensors and software has been added.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:23 AM

I have seen identifying marks on eMachines motherboards. They are usually a series of letters and numbers, usually white letters that have been silkscreened. (I have also seen small white labels.)

Look around the CPU as well as between a couple of the PCI slots. Any numbers you find should be googled.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users