Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtumonde-like Problems......

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 silkeedee

silkeedee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

Hello,
Last week, I inadvertently (and stupidly!) clicked on an unzipped executable file I had downloaded that immediately caused me problems with my system - Windows XP Home SP2. The problems would arise whenever I opened any browser. Popups would occur, system would slow down considerably, sometimes a 'Buffer Overrun' error dialogue would appear and generally making surfing a nightmare.
I followed your tutorial about running ComboFix and, lo and behold, seems to have remedied the situation. I am now following the advice given in the tutorial in submitting (as an attachment) the HijackThis log taken immediately after running ComboFix. I also have the ComboFix log - also taken immediately after running ComboFix - should you wish to examine this.to ensure that nothing nasty has been left behind.
Your assistance will be most gratefully received.
David (London, UK)

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rawe

Rawe

• Members
  • 2,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer.. :thumbsup:

I apologize for the insanely long delay. We have a huge backlog and the forums are extremely busy..

If you're still around and need some help, please post back with a fresh HijackThis log (simply copy & paste it in your reply rather than as an attachment).
Hi there, stranger!

#3 Rawe

Rawe

• Members
  • 2,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this thread has been closed. If you're the original poster and need this topic reopened, please PM a Staff member.
Hi there, stranger!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users