Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red Hat Linux9 and Mandrakelinux

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tiberia

Tiberia

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:10 AM

what is the difference b/w the "Red Hat Linux9" and the "Mandrakelinux" or both are same OS...?
I have installed "Red Hat Linux9" but after installation i noticed that it was runing slow... on my system...
It is
733Mhz PIII..:trumpet:
256MB Ram...
40Gig of HDD..
Geforce2 64 MB Graphics....
what should I do...other then to upgrade my system...
what are the min sys req for this Os..
is the Mandrakelinux is better then Red HAt linux9...
And which should I use RHL9 or 8,7 etc or MandrakeLinux...?

:inlove: :flowers: :cool: :) :thumbsup: :)
"Tiberia"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:07 AM

You should always stick to the later versions in my opinion so you have more updated packages. The different linux packages are just different distributions that are wrapped around a linux kernal that all share the same code.

Some distributions modify the kernel a bit, others just use the same kernel. Different distributions offer different packages and ways of configuring the computer.

There are so many distributions to pick from that its hard to find one that fits your needs. Some people like gentoo, others like mandrake, others like redhat or its successor fedora.

Unfortunately X-windows in linux can be a bit demanding so it may not be the fastest out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users