Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Hangs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Papanik

Papanik

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

Son-in-law brought over his computer for me to fix. He was getting some kind of message about needing to reboot in order to install something required - he's not sure, but thinks it might have been IE7. He let it do its thing and then his pesky message went away, but so did his internet. I poked about a bit and found I could launch and use IE7 in Safe Mode with Internet. Using this mode, I ran McAffee free scan and found nothing, and I'm posting this inquiry on that same computer. I'd appreciate any ideas? I'll check out the start list in the mean time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

The details of error messages...provide the most clues to solving whatever is wrong. Exactly as the message appears onscreen.

Louis

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

In normal mode, go to Start...Run...and type in "iexplore.exe -extoff" (without the quotes) and press Enter. This will launch IE7 with the add-ons disabled. Are you able to connect then? If so, you'll have to work your way through disabling the add-ons listed in the Tools...Manage Add-Ons menu.

Also, you may want to try another browser (such as the free Firefox, available here: http://www.mozilla.com ) to see if this is an IE error or a network connection error. If Firefox works and IE doesn't - then it's an IE problem. If Firefox and IE don't work, then it may be a network connection issue rather than a browser issue.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Papanik

Papanik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

Thanks USASMA, you nailed it! I'll go to work on the add-on list. and thanks again! Papanik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users