Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse won't open apps..sometimes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdavis

jdavis

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:01 PM

From time to time when I try and open any app with my mouse it won't respond to a double click at all and when I single click it brings up a window that has Open, Create Shortcut etc, etc. etc.. The only way I can open the app is to single click on the Open option and all is fine. If I reboot my PC ( win98 ) all is fine and apps open as they mormally should. I have a friend however who now has this problem running WinXp - Home and he can only open apps with the " single click on OPEN " from the box method. Please help

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:21 PM

Open my computer click on tools then click on folder options. Then click restore defaults. See if this helps before we go any further and by chance do you have an ATI vid card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users