Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browseuiaj.dl

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 flyfishman

flyfishman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

Hi,

My question is has anyone ever seen a dll named BROWSEUIAJ.dll.

I Googled this and did not have a single hit.

This is the first time I have never been able to find a .dll, good or bad.

I'm wondering if I have a new virus?

The following is why I ask....

I was having problems with system stability after upgrading to Norton 360 2.0.

The error I was receiving appeared to be random and was "Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." My system would keep generating these messages, and the performance would degrade until I had to reboot. At first, I thought it was an issue with streaming radio on over the web, then I thought it was with the new Norton software, as the problem only started after the upgrade. After working with their tech support and getting nowhere, I started looking around elsewhere for help.

I was looking at a MicroSoft board and found some references to this type of problem and malware.

I ran both Norton and Spysweeper anti virus sweeps and neither turned up a problem.

Eventually, I noticed that there were multiple iexplore processes running on my system.

I found a number of malware sites/boards that covered the multiple iexplore issue.

I finally ran hijack this and found

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon preloader - {66B84992-E012-44D5-B3CD-261C36CB4FD6} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseuiaj.dll (file missing)

This appeared to be the same file that was generating the "EXpLORER has encountered and Error and needs to close" issue.

I seem to have fixed the problem by simply renaming the dll so it will not load.

Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

thanks,

tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users