Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Open Filefolders, Iexplorer, Recyclebin,contpnl,etc

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dv8_1

dv8_1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

hewlitpackard 766mb
windows melinium edition
500+ ram

i was on windows update and downloaded critical updates just b4 system crashed i cant open control panel, file folders on desktop,recyclebin,i have to use firefox to go on web or open files manualy from firefox , i cant get into hardly anything unless i use firefox and i have to keep hitting control alt delete and end task on explorer when pc freezes up then it refreshes and i can have some funtions with firefox
i cant find any further back previous restore points they are all wiped away just b4 system crash and now i cant even get into system restore i tried to open filetopia another program exe file and when i try to open it i get this error

A required .DLL.file. LPCDLL32.DLL was not found
any relevence there?
i have avg
ran it
i tried yahoo antispy
tried stopzilla tried
system restore now it wont open either

please please help me with this issue my pc is rustycrustybleepingcomputer and the op system disks
or can someone tell me where to get a self extracting auto loading what ever newer operating system for free that i dont have to burn to disk that well self install over my current op system,,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

Hi and welcom to this site Posted Image

to start with ,will it let you boot into safe mode ??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/...al61.html#win98

and if so what IN safe mode WILL it let you do

to state the hopefully obvious , while IN safe mode you will NOT have access to the internetPosted Image

#3 dv8_1

dv8_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

i can open in safe mode and did that i restored back to the earliest saved restore point ,problem still persists i have full funtion of file folders help ,recyclebin etc in safe mode ,,
when not in safe mode i am having to control alt delete to end non responsive programs , like Explorer then it restarts and i have some capability, stopzilla found threats (releventknoledge) i dont have full version of stopzilla to delete the threats can that be the problem or does the problem come from a device driver or?

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

I think it might help (if the comp will let you)to get some basic scans done to maybe eliminate infections as the cause ?

hoping you are on Broadband or cable(?)can you keep it in normal mode long enough to download the exe for superantispyware

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html

the exe is here
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfi...ANTISPYWAREFREE

then fully update it

also asquared FREE for home users

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

its exe is http://download6.emsisoft.com/a2FreeSetup.exe

once they are fully updated, reboot in safe mode and run each on a full deep scan

and have you done any P2P stuff on there at all ??

#5 dv8_1

dv8_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

i got a dl of waterhorse from bittorrent recently b4 it crashed i will try the super and get back

#6 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

please see if you can do the two scans and let us know the result?

if you have been using P2P on there you could well be infected :thumbsup:

#7 dv8_1

dv8_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:04 PM

SUPERAntiSpyware free edetion
found that avg didnt i thought i was protected
i will let you know how it turns out after reboot

threat discription detected
Adware. Tracking Cookie 120
Adware. Rabio Search Enhancer 1
Trojan.Unknown Origin 1
RelevantKnoledge Spyware Component 2
Trojan Downloader-Gen/SnapSNet 1
Adware Search-Exe 2

cleaned it all up rebooted and pc is way faster but i am still having issues with Explorer and internet explorer , and still haveing to control alt delete to end Explorer when it isnt responding a few other programs keep not responding as well
now i am gonna try the other scan

#8 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

SuperAntiSpyware is a really good product.
Sounds like you were infected and didnt know it.
Looks like it might have came back to bite you!

Have you ran the IE repair tool yet?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#9 dv8_1

dv8_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:55 AM

i have searched for an i e repair tool and all i come across is i e downloads that wont work with windows me , does i e repair tool fix the issues with Explorer too ,,,, i have also ran the deep scan with a2free but my pc keeps freezing up when it completes and i try to quarintine the files then i have to improperly shut down and reboot and rescan ,,, i havent completed the deep scan yet but i have been able to quarintine some malisious files , and i was also wandering if some of those files the a2free are op system files and should not be deleted so i just quarintined them,,, there was over 100 threats

when i get a a2free deep scan completed i will post the update ,,

#10 dv8_1

dv8_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:21 AM

i ran a deep scan with a2free a square , athough my pc performance is fantasticly more effenciant now ,, i am still haveing to hit control alt delete to end Explorer , it becomes not responding when i try and open a desktop file or program like firefox ,then once the Explore and or internet explore has been ended and restarts then firefox will open , i still cannot open anything that uses explorer and now i am even having to end program with the superanti program,when system starts up it says not responding ,

could the problem have occured when i downloaded updates from www dot windowsupdate dot com ??
i will go there and download and reinstall the updates to see if it will help and
i appreciate the help and support
i have been given here

#11 dv8_1

dv8_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:59 AM

nope cant open internet explorer ,thus i cant get the autoupdates using firefox, problems still persist ??

#12 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

if this IS the address you are trying to get your updates from , it is concerning

www dot windowsupdate dot com

this will show you what is happening with microsoft updates for ME; when DID you last update properly your ME?

microsoft support FOR windows ME ended some while ago

please see

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6519 and

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/support/endofsupport.mspx

sounds like you are infected me thinks;
can you kindly put in here the URL you get sent to when you go to your start menu's windows update ?

when you DO update you SHOULD see something LIKE http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

I am working on a 98se machine at present so the screen shows FOR a 98se machine ; yours may be slightly different

are any other web pages you are trying to access being redirected to other sites?

may I suggest you fully update and run the AVG 7.5 anitvirus program

also rerun the super antispyware and asquared programs

I think you could also try a wee small program called stinger http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

its exe is http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stng380.exe

it is a stand alone program that requires NO updating , you will be delighted to hear!!!!

when you have got the shortcut to the exe on your desk top and left mouse click on it to open it, go to preferences,scan these targets/select processes and boot sector to scan
in virus detection select repair

in detection section have everything EXCEPT the top two boxes on the left hand side ticked, so you SHOULD have seven (7) items ticked in the detection section

also; from my work on another comp with this program , may I strongly suggest you go to in IE/tools/ internet options/temporary internet files/settings /amount of disk space to use

and for this exercises, delete ALL files in that folder, then reduce the space IN that folder to virtually NIL
the reason why I suggest this is my work on another badly infected computer computer had an infection within the temp files Folder quite literally multiplying within that folder as we ran the scan ; so, if you reduce the available space to virtually ZILCH you can stop any multiplication if stuff IS in there;

as the scan runs you will see and watch its progress and it will tell you in RED writing what it finds, can you let us know what it DOES find?

this wee scan CAN take a while if there IS a nasty infection on there;

also, you do NOT need to be connected to the internet to run the scan but merely to download the exe and its definitions;

please let us know how you get on with those scans; I am going to suggest that this thread is moved to another section as I am convinced you do HAVE an infection , hopefully not from P2P stuff but that factor cannot be ruled out

of interest, do you have your computer CD and licence key to hand? or from where did you obtain this computer?

#13 dv8_1

dv8_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

so i ran the stinger and found 190 dtetections and most were worms too long a list to post,
and yes the updates were from www.windowsupdate.com which isnt in my startup menu but i did it on i e previous to the malfuntion
how ever the problem with programs not responding is still persistant and i cant get onto i e to
go to internet explorer tools,,,

#14 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:32 AM

could you kindly re run the stinger program and see if it now runs clear?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users