Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hidden Files In Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kuttihan

kuttihan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

Since many days, I am not able to see hidden files in my computer. Evenif I go to Tools>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files folders and check that box, my hidden files and folders are still not visible. After I check that box and do OK, when the next time I again go to that Tools>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files folder, it again shows a check on the Do not show hidden files and folders. Anobody to help resolve this problem??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:46 AM

Since many days, I am not able to see hidden files in my computer.

If you would let me ask, why do you want to be able to view hidden files in the first place? What are you looking for in the hidden files?

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:02 AM

there seems to be 2 ways to skin this cat, if you open my computer and do it from there, it seems to stick and apply to all folders

in other locations, if you try to set it you have to hit apply and then set apply to all folders at the top
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 Illuminaughty

Illuminaughty

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:18 AM

a. Have you tried it from Control Panel > Folder Options?

b. Are you logged in in an Administrative account?

c. Do you use any "tuning" utilities that might have customizable settings for such things (ie; TuneUp Utilities, etc)? These can sometimes override the standard folder option settings.
StarMicro.com will rip you off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users