Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade For Video/audio Capabilites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Soundnick

Soundnick

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

Hello everyone, I've been doing some more extensive video editing latley and have been wanting to upgrade my PC that I put together about a year and a half ago. A year and a half in computer technology is insane how much advances, and how low the prices are on the things that i bought which were expensive two years ago. But anyways, I think the main things I want to focus on upgrading is my motherboard and processor. I have 2GB of RAM right now but I might make the jump to 4 in a couple days. My current processor is listed below in the link. I think what I want is a Duo Core or Quad core.. but I don't know too much about them, but it seems like they are pretty effcient now, any facts or reccomendations on any of this stuff. Unfortuntley Newegg doesnt even have the page for my motherboard anymore. But if anyone would like to know more specs I will let you know more about my system.

Is the Duo Core a good upgrade idea?

http://www.newegg.com/product/produ...N82E16819116231

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

A dual core or a quad core is a good idea for an upgrade. The link you posted doesn't work, but if you can post your motherboard info, maybe we can help you find a good processor to put in it.

Also, if you're only running a 32-bit version of windows, your computer will only recognize about 3.5gb of ram. This would still give you some improvement though.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Soundnick

Soundnick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

Well, I don't think my current board supports duo cores. But I could be wrong. Here's the link MOTHERBOARD

After doing a little searching I found this processor that looks pretty good and gets mostly good reviews. PROCESSOR

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Soundnick, 15 March 2008 - 01:49 PM.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

Ya, it looks like you'll need a new motherboard then. It doesn't say it supports core 2 duos. It supports pentium D processors, but those aren't much better then Pentium 4's.

Also thats a pretty good processor. I have the E4400, which is the same thing but clocked at 2.0ghz instead of 2.4ghz. It's a solid performer, way better then my old Pentium 4.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users